Job Title: Director, Distributor Store Operations
Supervisor Title: Assistant Vice President, Store Operations
Location: St Petersburg, FL (NOC)
The Director, Store Operations provides leadership oversight of operational responsibilities for the development and execution of daily operations, merchandising, inventory management, cash control and adherence to all company guidelines and procedures with partnership from VP, Store Sales as well as 7 Regional Directors. Also assists the AVP of Store Operations with developing strategies to improve operating standards for all systems and vendor management and partners with Asset Protection team to identify trends, resolve issues, ensure compliance. This role will work closely with field leadership, Store Development team and oversee the Store Operations team to develop business tools to increase productivity and drive sales. Lead projects with other business departments to bring enhancements, changes, and fixes to over 580 retail stores nationwide.
- Liaison with franchise leadership and operations to support transition and all operational aspects of franchise division.
- Support franchise teams to develop and maintain operational best practices in the areas of stock flow, floor presentation, facilities maintenance, and merchandise functions.
- Support and lead all planned SalonCentric real estate activities including facilitation of calls, maintaining real estate tool in Salesforce, and any pertinent follow-up from these projects.
- Coordinate cross-functional team to ensure completion of assigned tasks related to SalonCentric real estate activities such as, new stores, remodels, closures, and relocations.
- Liaison with Store Development team to ensure successful completion and compliance with all real estate activities.
- Lead and support operational initiatives.
- Establish a track record of clear communication throughout the organization
- Manage the creation, implementation and maintenance of store support documentation to support store profitability and operations.
- Improve processes and service to the field by building strong cross-functional relationships, including IT, Asset Protection, Finance, Category Management and Training.
- Assist with the documentation and development of store support training gaps as they are identified or new processes/procedures need to be developed, documented, and trained.
- Research and report out on store specific questions on operations related issues, identify expense savings and/or profitability opportunity.
- Provide operations expertise and perspective to support employee and customer facing store initiatives.
- Assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of employee policies to support the delivery of great customer and Team Member experience.
- Drive and execute ad hoc operations projects as needed.
- Assess timing and risk associated with projects impacting store business, make recommendations on launches and implement strategy for execution to completion.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining store operational processes such as: open/closing procedures, store operating procedures, receiving, and monitoring store shipment transits, collaboration with Asset Protection on store shrink integrity.
- Identify and lead DM system / process training in conjunction with Regional Director or VP.
- Assist with the documentation and remediation of store support issues and training gaps as they are identified.
- Partner with Asset Protection on any internal audit work, including preparation, gathering of P&P’s, and supporting documentation and working with L’Oreal IT and Asset Projection to implement process changes and fixes.
- Identify, solution and communicate opportunities for retail store IT systems, policies, procedures, and SOPs to Store Operations Leadership.
- Proactively identify and prioritize business needs and develop solutions through partnership with corporate business partners.
- Perform other tasks and projects as directed by Store Operations Leadership (e.g. attend and present at store leadership conferences, Ad Hoc reporting etc.)
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- Business Degree in related field preferred
- At least 7-10 years of experience in retail store operations or related field, with at least 3 to 5 years managing people and project management experience required.
- Prior retail experience highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including both speaking/presenting and listening.
- Extremely well organized; able to effectively multitask while maintaining professionalism and composure.
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively, and to balance competing demands and priorities in a very fast-paced environment.
- Diplomatic style with professional, positive demeanor.
- Practical “roll up your sleeves” team player with positive “can do” attitude.
- High level of professionalism and sound judgment in dealing with senior managers; effectively builds relationships and resources at all levels of the organization.
- High attention to detail; ability to produce highly accurate documents and work products in a demanding environment; takes pride in their work.
- Highly proactive; takes initiative to begin and complete projects; masterful at follow-up and tracking work projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel; proficient and comfortable with technology and able to troubleshoot routine technological issues.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.