Director of Engineering | Piscataway, NJ
Plans and directs all aspects of engineering and facilities maintenance activities and projects within the factory. Ensures all projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
- Be part of the plant leadership team and help set site vision, strategies and goals across multiple disciplines.
- Collaborate with your management partners to understand plant priorities in order to deploy engineering resources.
- Lead a team of engineers performing work in operations, production, construction or maintenance environments.
- Direct and manage facility maintenance employees and activities to maintain factory infrastructure and utilities and meet the strategic goals of the plant.
- Attract, retain and grow top talent across the organization, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members to ensure organization, department, and individual goals are met.
- Analyze and develop solutions to engineering problems related to safety, health, environment, facilities, performance and capacity across the manufacturing site.
- Prepare, analyze and propose applicable capital projects that are consistently delivered on-time and within budget.
- Oversee the facilities operating budget to ensure business goals are met with the greatest efficiency.
- Drive culture of proactive loss elimination within the factory.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering required, MBA desirable.
- 10+ years’ experience in major engineering activities, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong Manufacturing/Operations background with a good understanding of Supply Chain
- Proven track record of delivering strong results in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead and develop teams
- Act with a strong sense of urgency while driving the necessary rigor throughout the team to mitigate business risks
- Highly effective collaboration skills and demonstrated capability in driving and influencing internal and external functional partners
- Knowledge in applying continuous improvement techniques and analytical tools to achieve improved business results such as lean and six sigma (preferred, but not required).
- Computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively with non-technical team members. Proven ability to discern business requirements and translate into technical specifications.
- Proven track record of attracting, hiring, retaining and leading top engineering talent and building high performing teams.
Tools and Equipment Used in Job/Environmental Factors:
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Visual/auditory acuity required to operate equipment and see/hear warning alarms.
· Experience in areas such as manufacturing or project engineering, construction management, governmental liaison, regulatory compliance, sub-contract management, etc. while acting in a supervisory capacity.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must be able to make rapid decisions.
- Must listen for understanding.
- Must have a positive attitude.