Job: Director – Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Division: Packaging and Operations IT
Location: Clark, NJ
Reports to: VP HR Corporate Operations
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
We have an exciting opportunity for a strategic, business focused HR leader for our Corporate Operations organization. This position is based in The HUB in Clark, NJ and will be responsible for overseeing HR generalist initiatives for our Packaging and Operations IT teams. This position contributes to business performance by providing strategic consulting on people strategies, organization design, performance management, recruitment, training, compensation, governmental compliance, organizational culture and employee engagement This is a business partner role with functional groups to attract, recruit, develop, train, motivate and engage people. In addition, this position will anticipate and optimize the organization’s people needs to align with the overall business strategy.
This position will serve as a business partner in working with key leaders and client groups throughout the organization. This role will collaborate with Human Resources teams supporting the Packaging and Operations IT organizations in the other US Divisions and requires a strong emphasis on strategic and organization consulting.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Recruitment – Partner with Talent Acquisition team on the recruitment strategy, selection and hiring for all open positions; Promote L’Oreal USA Operations as a best place to work
- Integration - Oversee the integration of all new employees through FIT (onboarding program) and make recommendations on program improvements.
- Employee development - Strategically manage careers on an individual basis by building development plans, defining training opportunities while utilizing the Performance Appraisal process for personal and professional growth.
- Succession planning – Partner with Executives to define the Succession Plan for key roles. Assess current and future talent needs for the division and develop strategies and plans to meet those needs. Monitor and drive the bench strength, identify high potential talent, proximity to the people, oversee career-pathing and management development
- Organizational effectiveness - Influence and help adapt the organization to align with business objectives and design and optimize organizational capabilities.
- Retention strategies - Analyze, identify and drive recommendations on retention program strategy
- Employee relations - Objectively provide expert advice and coaching to employees and management
- Total rewards compensation management - Collaborate with Total Rewards to evaluate employee pay levels & plan content to assess market competitiveness, including base salary & bonus plans.
- HR policies & programs – Ensure adherence to local laws for entire group; Lead development, communication and implementation of strategic HR programs.
- Culture - Facilitate the communication of the organization’s desired culture, vision and values which guide the decisions and actions of the business; Provide training and facilitation base on needs
- Performance management – Drive performance management through business partnership, coaching, counseling and disciplinary programs
- Identify strategies to increase productivity and employee performance
- This role supports employees at multiple locations within Clark and Berkeley Heights, NJ as well as on the West Coast. Travel between NJ L’Oreal facilities is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required; Masters Degree a plus
- 5-10 years’ experience – Generalist, Training, OD work
- Compensation – In-depth understanding of policy and concepts, along with ability to articulate same.
- Legal - Significant understanding of employment laws and statutes pertaining to equal opportunity employment, ADA, FMLA, OFCCP, Wage and Hour, WARN, Employment Agreements, etc.
- Financial - Solid knowledge of P & L, including budget process
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (with ability to learn internal systems)
- This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
- Entrepreneurially spirited; strong work ethic and customer driven
- Demonstrated leadership, communication (verbal/written), negotiation, presentation, facilitation, organization, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and results/service orientation with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability and responsiveness; ability to handle fast pace and operate with ambiguity
- High degree of executive maturity to be able to influence others
- Strategic thinking - In-depth knowledge of HR best practices and trends (i.e. recruitment strategies, people assessment, career management, etc.).
- Business acumen - In-depth knowledge of business objectives, the people aspect of the division, brand and function, competitors, market trends and consumers; flexibility and adaptability in an evolving business environment
- Change management - Ability to communicate and mobilize teams through change
Technical / Professional: Human Resources Competences
- Operational Master – Delivers a service of excellence
- People Champion – Builds a diverse team of champions
- Change Agent – Anticipates and facilitates change
- Strategic Business Driver – Transforms business challenges into HR Strategy
- Innovator – Invent life changing beauty experiences
- Strategist – Shape the future and make the way
- Entrepreneur – Run it as your own business
- Integrator – Foster co-operation for agility
- People Developer – Grow people to grow business
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.