L'Oreal USA, New York NY
Digital IT Director, Solutions Architect (Marketplaces)
We are looking for an experienced marketplace Solutions & Data Architect (Amazon / eBay / Google Shopping etc.) who understands selling models for major e-commerce channels and has applied technology solutions to grow and optimize such channels for a CPG / Manufacturer. You would be responsible for growth strategy and execution of eCommerce growth for multiple divisions and channels across L’Oreal USA. You would apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the E-Commerce marketplaces ecosystem to design systems that meet business needs · You will analyze the business problems and design reliable, scalable data storage and analytics systems that enable the business and our products to scale. Play a leading role in POCs and building platforms and data sets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, and operational excellence best practices.
- Design and implement the next generation of advanced and flexible platforms to enable business growth across multi channel commerce and multi-channel marketing
- Leveraging a thorough understanding of 1P/3P selling optimize aspects like Order Management, Media optimization, catalog+content management and Supply Chain integration
- Provide expert inputs to business executives, IT executives and core team on multi-channel growth technology strategy and execution to maximize the performance of E-Commerce marketplace platform investment
- Guide and coordinate with multiple team members and team including automation engineers, data engineers, data scientists, e-commerce marketing teams, and e-commerce analysts for the effective completion and working of the platform
- Present complex technology solutions and program status updates to top executives via non-technical and effective presentations remaining consumer focused and business value driven
- Prepare the long term multi-channel e-commerce strategic plans and implement them in the e-commerce architecture
- Prepare the standards and guidelines for technical designing based on various business goals and specific inputs from the clients
- Undertake the development, maintenance, and governance of the e-commerce architecture
- Track industry and competitive best practices, examine performance, spot opportunities, identify threats, look for novel solutions, and develop creative action plans within the e-commerce business.
- Supervise the technology team and see to it that the given tasks are completed according to the architecture designed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 8+ years as a technology professional with at least 5 years as a Digital solutions architect managing and implementing solutions across commerce, content, media or CRM domains
- 1+ years’ experience in e-Commerce marketplace platforms (Amazon/eBay/Walmart/etc)
- A Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Experience in both B2C and B2B Commerce business models
- Able to perform hands on POCs, triage and build solutions
- Experience with multiple data automation and data engineering tools such as API Gateways, Middleware, RPA, Cloud native technologies, NoSQL or RDBMS, ETL tools
- Detail oriented, organized with excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Self-confident, strong work ethic, result driven, self-motivated, able to work independently
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.