POSITION TITLE: Director - MSC COE – Master Planning Business Expert
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Supply Chain
LOCATION: Clark, NJ
REPORTS TO: AVP Manufacturing Supply Chain (MSC) Excellence
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain.
As the Director-Master Planning Business Expert in this high visibility position, you will be responsible for providing business application, functional and technical leadership to MSC Excellence CoE organization. You will manage the implementation of the long-term strategic direction and vision for the MSC Master Planner function, including implementation of best practices, harmonization, and optimization of processes along with new tools. In this key role you will contribute to the multi-year transversal Supply Chain transformation to improve performance of Supply Chain across North America.
What you will do:
The overall objective of the position is to provide Best Practices, systems knowledge, and continuous improvement initiatives to meet the business needs of the MSC organization.
The scope of the position includes:
- Drive the sustainability and updates to North America standard ways of working implemented through various supply chain transformations. This is not limited to Process Documentation, Best Practices, Training, Systems Navigation, and implementing new ways of working based on the business environment.
- Develop the proficiency as the Business Expert in Master Planning, across North America Plants including: Franklin, NJ; North Little Rock, AR; Florence, KY; Montreal, QC; Piscataway, NJ and Open Manufacturing.
- Train and empower teams, while building confidence to drive improvements and step changes.
- Lead projects and initiatives to support improvement of MSC KPIs to increase service, decrease E&O and cost, and improve agility.
- Gather best practices, resources and trainings and implement them across the Zone; harmonize formats, reports and processes across plants.
- Learn evolving best practices and apply industry standards, to identify and implement improvement opportunities and eliminate non-value added activities.
- Facilitate onsite and virtual training and support.
- Conduct plant MSC audits in the Master Planner function and support action plans to close any identified gaps.
- Organize comprehensive task lists, gather internal training materials to support task lists, develop “How to Guides” with case studies and associated testing
- Set and drive the strategic vision of the Master Planner community. Incorporate focus on customer driven decisions, advanced decision-making capabilities and strategic cost-effective agility initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross functional domain leads on projects impacting functions outside of master planner (within MSC-Manufacturing Supply Chain, GBSC-Global Brand Supply Chain and others).
- Govern MSC Master Planner KPIs including both leading and lagging indicators.
- In conjunction with HR, create a culture that acquires, develops, and retains supply chain talent.
- Develop and maintain project plans including actions, owners, milestones, opportunities, and risks. Escalate and create transparency around risks as appropriate.
- Interface with IT/DSIO/DGO-(Global Operations) on testing/integrating new developments.
- Master existing and new systems requirements to document new ways of working, develop and maintain work instructions, and prepare and provide training to end users.
- Foster change management through training, documentation, and coaching.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and support end users with resolving technical issues
- Cooperate with IT Support to improve existing, or implement new, flows which respect the DGO best practices, and best support the business.
- Support across Business Experts and LBO’s transversally.
What we are looking for:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in Production planning, Supply Chain Supply Planning and Inventory Management processes in a consumer goods industry or pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of SAP PP and APO modules, including Production Planning & Detailed Scheduling, SNP & PP/DS, Network Planning, and BW.
- Good understanding of manufacturing business processes and concepts.
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to achieve consensus and influence others.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed, fact-based approach to problem solving and implementing solutions leading to process improvement.
- Strong project management skills.
- Independent problem-solving and thorough analytical skills; self-motivated, self-directed and flexible individual.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to travel 35% of the time.
This position interacts with:
- Senior Management
- External SAP consultants
- Internal SAP technical integration / data conversion project teams
- Key users
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
To learn more about L'Oreal USA Operations, click here.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.