Marketing Director, L’Oréal Paris Cosmetics (Lip & Trend)
Job: Marketing Director (Cosmetics, Lip & Trend)
Position type: Permanent
Employment type: Full - Time
Location: New York - New York
Overview: This position has category responsibility and is the key business driver. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the category strategy development, new product concepts and launches, and for promotional and advertising development and execution. This position will be responsible for managing large scale, total brand (lip category), projects and a direct report. This position is a key leadership role and plays an important role in the development and coaching of future marketing leaders.
- Drive and analyze research category trends, insights to develop long term strategy
- Manage short term and long term strategy and planning
- Oversee and guide plans development and create vision for businesses
- Contribute to division strategy / plans
New Product Launches:
- Ownership and responsibility for supervising entire process across multiple launches
- Oversee selling project to management at large, including international and panier
- Present to key accounts
- Influence sales strategies
Financial / Forecasting:
- Full P&L accountability for cosmetics lip business
- Assist with financial implication of forecast (i.e) E10 and Full year number
- Work on accuracy of budgets and roll up of total category with finance
Promotions/Advertising / Media:
- Work intimately with agency partners to create breakthrough consumer communications in all touchpoints, from traditional media to digital data driven activations
Team and Meeting Management:
- Ensure team development and positive morale
- Foster collaboration within the team and with our core partners (DMI, commercial, finance etc)
- Recruit and retain employees
- Influence team structure
- Effectively manage, train and develop direct reports and their team(s)
- Recommend organizational structure changes and enhancements
- Represent Cosmetics (Lip & Trend) category in core meetings
- 6-8+ years of business related experience focused on quantitative data management and project management skills
- Marketing related experience is highly desired, but not required. Consumer package goods or beauty industry experience is also highly desired
- Experience working within cosmetics is preferred.
- Experience managing direct reports is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated L’Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurial Management, Achiever, and Innovator
- Strong appreciation for our business / sensitivity to métier
- Must be professional and energetic with a positive attitude
- Strong Interpersonal Skills (written and oral)
- PC Proficiency (Microsoft Suite)
- Information & Data management
- Project Management Skills
- Rigorous quantitative data analysis skills
- Prioritization & Organization Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.