Do both project management and leading a team excite you?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As part of the R&I 360 deployment, embedding project management culture is a critical success factor to achieve Beauty 2030 challenges. This position combines being leader for the local R&I project management team with being operational PMO for a few projects. While leading the local PMO team, this person aligns PMO resource allocation with key stakeholders, is the ambassador of the on-going culture change to project mode and is the liaison to the global PMO executive committee acting as spokesperson for local best practices, guarantor of the local application of the framework, ensuring consistency with values of trust, diversity, quality, user centricity, sharing beauty with all and simplicity.
We are looking for that magical combination of Project Management experience and excellence with honed soft skills to lead a team while progressing a culture change to project mode.
Build and lead the local PMO Team:
- Calculate the resources required and allocate available resources in a way that is consistent with the priorities of the domain directors and portfolio managers, taking into account local business critical projects.
- Hire and manage the team, integrate new members to the team and establish individual objectives; create conditions to ensure the team’s success and individual development.
- Support the development of the team by creating a work environment that encourages learning and creativity for the benefit of project management expertise, and for the transformation of projects into market innovations.
- Act as the interface between the local team and the global PMO network; participate in the global PMO executive committee meeting, act as the spokesperson for local best practices at the service of the network, act as the guarantor of the local application of the project-based model framework, ensuring consistency with the themes of trust, quality, user centricity, sharing beauty for all and simplicity.
Ensure the professional development of project leaders in project management:
- Identify training needs in collaboration with the Senior Project Leaders and Domain Leaders they support.
- Act as the local PM point of contact for PM4R&I training sessions to establish the training / tools in the framework of L’Oreal R&I 360.
Act as the local project-based model ambassador:
- Create a collaborative dynamic (mentoring, shadowing, help in the event of a crisis) among the project teams to ease the transition.
- Carry out the training for the local program to educate employees about the project-based model (PM4AII) in partnership with the local learning team.
- Act as a partner to local domain and development leaders to guide the transition to the project-based model within the domain governance team (guidance on the tools and rituals)
Manage team activity:
- Monitor the budget and manage activity-related costs.
- Monitor the indicators of activity, of team performance and of the ecosystem.
- Supply Project Management KPI monthly to global organization.
- Minimum 10 years of business experience in Project Management supporting complex or large-scale projects.
- Strong people management skills, leading, managing, and developing a team of project managers.
- Experience in the professional care/cosmetic industry preferred.
- Experience working within cross functional teams.
- Experience supporting, planning and implementing change management is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate discussion, progress effectively and manage audience as needed (internally and externally).
- Ability to capture and report out day-to-day activities of matrix project teams.
- Enthusiastic to enable others to use project mode to drive innovation successfully into the market.
- Creative thinker with an ability to offer solutions / opinions within a multi-functional team dynamic.
- Flexible and adaptable to operate within highly demanding and ever changing project environments with focus on flawless execution.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 certified, preferably.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR