Director of CPD Retail Merchandising
Reports to: Assistant Vice President, Category Development Cosmetics and CPD Merchandising Lead
- Lead the L’Oreal Consumer Products Division (CPD) merchandising operations team and seasonal Planogram (POG) & Merchandising process
- This teams serves as the center point for division ops, marketing, creative, & permanent merchandising teams, aligning and leading priorities across all four major brands
- Lead the relationship with 3rd party POG & Database Vendor
- Responsible for on time & accurate Cosmetics POG deliveries across all CPD Brands
- Manage the Category Development & Permanent merchandising Team relationship and seasonal deliveries
- Deliver accurate financials behind POG/plastic process and develop new ways of working between financial operations teams and back end business
- CPD Strategic lead on POG optimization
- Create and manage SKU priority tools
- Partner with brand teams to create best in class seasonal POGs for all brands
- Be the cross functional CPD lead on all store/retailer elevation projects
- Be the L’Oreal face with retailer operations teams and a trusted advisor on both the strategic & operational
- Partner with Store of the Future team and Retail Innovation to maximize these initiatives
- Co-Develop CPD core merchandising strategy/principles that will be widely applicable to all brands
- Liaison with Consumer Insights Team for merchandising and in aisle shopping tests/insights
- Co-develop and lead wall layout research and lead the application to all brands
- Co-develop and then Integrate digital learnings and future insights into tangible shopper actions at the wall
- Integrate NYX Cosmetics into CPD formal wall process (and letting them be independent where it fits)
- Assist and co-lead Merch Transformation Strategy Project with the CPD Merchandising Lead
· 5 - 7 Years experience in CPG Category Management, or retail merchandising sales environments. Expertise in beauty and especially cosmetics preferred.
· Experience navigating a large, multifunctional office with multiple stakeholders
· Experience negotiating timing and deliverables even from teams and vendors that are not directly accountable to your group
· Thrives in a multifaceted role that has changing priorities, with the ability to lead a team through unexpected challenges and unique opportunities
Excel, MS Office, required. Power BI preferred. JDA Space Planning and other space management software preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.