At L’Oréal, we have made it our quest to deliver beauty for all. It’s an aim that has seen us expand into over 150 countries, 88,000 employees, +36 international brands, €29.9 billion in sales and becoming the number one cosmetics group in the World!
We firmly believe that our best success comes from when we can incorporate the concept of diversity at all levels. Our +36 international brands are presents on all Beauty Market segments and all channels.
We are proud of the sustainability commitment, “L’Oreal For The Future”, we made to our consumers and employees. Along with our ambition to reach the next billion consumers in the coming years, we will leave a positively impact in our world. After all, at L’Oréal, nothing is impossible…
Be a part of the adventure and join our diverse Sourcing Team: We are a team of passionate, diverse and responsible business partners, who innovate, create value and open new frontiers to fuel L’Oréal’s growth.
Purpose of the Job (Summary)
The mission of the Sourcing Excellence’s team is to ensure team’s efficiency and compliance to the Groups’ norms and charters, as well as driving sustainable sourcing initiatives. In this role, you will work under the supervision of the head of Sourcing Excellence Direct & Indirect North America to support the Indirect Sourcing department(Business Service, Marketing, IT, Retail/Promo, and Logistics/Industrial).
This role is accountable for driving cross functional alignment and optimizations within the Indirect Sourcing Team. You will be responsible to influence and contribute to the simplification of processes at the North America and global levels. You will connect to the global sourcing community, learn and share best practices and drive new ways of working for the sourcing teams, develop and propose KPIs that steer and challenge the domains performance, results and tools to increase efficiency.
Your responsibilities will be developed around four key pillars: Control, Support, Rollout and Corporate Social Responsibility in the Sourcing organization. In this role, you will have the ability to impact the business by providing value-added perspectives or advisory services that are important to decision making and influence processes for the North America sourcing community. You will review global processes, understand how they can apply to the North America team or propose alternative and local adaptations, in line with the Norms and local regulations.
This role will be based in Clark, NJ, at our collaborative and open concept site.
Key Job responsibilities:
- Work with the Souring Team and the Sourcing Finance team to ensure adherence to the financial calendar.
- Support the team in the training and understanding of the L’Oreal financial process and Indirect Sourcing Involvement.
Process and Organization Compliance
- Be an expert in Sourcing procedures and processes, driving internal control performance by identifying risks to the business and implement activities such as the implementation of the internal control calendar to and ensure the smooth execution of the activities.
- Use dashboards and KPIs to influence and ensure the entire North America sourcing community actively participate to Internal Control activities and continuously increase their KPIs
- Influence process evolution and improvements to the sourcing procedures to fit business needs.
- Be primary point of contact on behalf of Indirect Sourcing for L’Oreal Internal Audit.
- Track and coordinate on time scheduling of social, quality and EHS audits.
- Lead the team on the following activities:
- Mock audits to ensure compliance to internal rules.
- Supplier Risk Evaluation
- Price updates.
- Lead the maintenance of spend analytics accuracy and clean up.
- Partner with the Leadership team to continuously develop solutions to new challenges and thrive to simplify processes.
Sourcing Network and Team Dynamic
- Lead and Animate Indirect Team Huddle, fostering collaboration and information sharing.
- Represent the Sourcing Excellence team in worldwide meetings, discussions and workshops
- Support the onboarding of new hires with the domains
- Instill a positive energy within the sourcing community, be the eyes and hears of the team and have the courage to speak up on behalf of the team around Continuous Improvement, Process improvement, tool improvement.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with our internal and external clients to understand and respond to their business needs and priorities.
- Be the expert on the sourcing processes and provide on-going training.
- Support where needed to facilitate Sourcing trainings, such as Sourcing Discovery, Sourcing Strategy and Implementation and Advanced Negotiations.
- Engage and influence the sourcing community through inspirational leadership. Foster a community where the teams can learn and openly ask questions.
- Collaborate with Sourcing « tools » team to optimize and rollout tools specific to the sourcing domains.
Coordination and L’Oreal For The Future Program: Provide support as needed on various topics:
- Support the team with Corporate Social Responsibilities and L’Oreal For The Future initiatives.
Who we are looking for:
- BA/BS Supply Chain or related fields.
- 7-10 years in sourcing roles in the Consumer goods industry.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing excellence and/or auditing a plus.
- High degree of analytical skills.
- High Level of engagement, Self-Driven individual with strong communication skills and ability to influence in a matrix organization.
- Ability to bring the team together through conveying a clear vision and positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to travel to the Americas and Europe (less than 5% travel).
- Exceptional computer Skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Power BI.
- SAP knowledge
- Legally eligible to work in the US on an ongoing and permanent basis without sponsorship.
Competencies valued at L’Oreal:
At L’Oreal, we encourage:
- Leadership: Inspire others, convey enthusiasm and desire to surpass one self.
- Strategic Vision: Embrace complexity and anticipate what is needed. Always have the big picture in mind and think several steps ahead.
- Ambition: Show a drive to excel and demonstrate a sense of collective interest and ambition for the business and teams.
- Judgement. Quickly reads situations, grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, listens to weak signals, identifies and seizes opportunities quickly, looks for the why and how of events. Make the right choice in uncertain and complex situations.
- Collaboration: Foster cooperation and collaboration, engage and empower teams and colleagues around shared objectives and responsibilities; persuades and gains support.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.