The Lifestyle and Collections Group is part of the Designer Fragrances Division within the L’Oréal Luxe Division at L’Oréal USA. Lifestyle and Collections has a luxurious portfolio of four fragrance brands: Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Azzaro, Maison Margiela and Atelier Cologne. Lifestyle and Collections has an exciting opportunity for the Director of Ralph Lauren Fragrances Marketing in New York, NY.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing the Ralph Lauren Fragrances brand strategy and vision, consistent with the international brand positioning and the country’s priorities, to ensure the continued health and acceleration of the US business.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of experience in the fragrance industry
- Product Evaluation – Mastery of category and product evaluation expertise
- Market Research – Ability to interpret research data and draw application conclusions
- Business Acumen – Strong analytical skills and ability to assess business needs
- Forecasting – Ability to analyze business performance and accurately forecast
- Media – Builds a successful integrated communication plan
- Omni marketing – Builds equally strong in-store and digital programs that create overall 360° strategy.
- Innovation – Ability to think outside the box to ensure the brand capitalizes on latest market best practices, especially in the digital sphere.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently within a rigorous deadline schedule
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Leadership – Demonstration of leadership with team, support departments and customers
Judgment and Decision Making
- Impactful force in strategic focus of the brand.
- Intermittent supervision of decisions and judgments by VP, Marketing and mgmt. team.
- Leverage problem solving and entrepreneurial spirit to logic through complex logistical issues
- Creative thinking to create breakthrough marketing activations with retailers and internal partners
- Responsible for preparation of annual budget in conjunction with the VP of marketing for: retails, samples, print, displays, testers, shopping bags, mailers & special events/tools.
- Update budget for every trend
- Work with Finance to determine budget trend versus actual.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with DMI to agree on brand strategy and objectives
- Work with the DMI to develop US-friendly paniers
- Evaluate all new brand launches and recommend feasibility for domestic market.
- Implement pillar brand development plans
- Conduct competitive and consumer data analysis; make recommendations to management based on data
- Manages the launch process and the communication plan including media and advocacy and influence
- Create 360 launch plans including in-store and online assets to ensure 360 omni vision.
- Influence and manage the digital creative process including contribute to local adaptation of DMI assets + define local asset needs and execute in collaboration with the COE content group.
- Responsible for the accurate forecasting of the business, month by month
- Follow business performance, provide assessment, and retail recommendation very week and month
- Complete knowledge of the business and able to provide recommendations
- Manage budget, track and analyze COGs, and make pricing recommendations
- Work with sales department to develop strategic promotional plan and calendar
- Interface with all support groups to ensure timely execution of all programs within budget.
- Work with Key Account Directors to ensure promotional programs meet the specific needs of each retailer
Brand Information and Training:
- Prepare and conduct presentations for regional and national sales meetings, retailer meetings and senior meetings.
- Prepare all brand information for sales department and retailers including sell sheet books and calendars.
- Communicate with the sales department to ensure prompt, accurate information disseminates to the Field Force.
- Leads with Human Sensitivity – Demonstrates respect (i.e. focuses on the development and growth of those they manage and interacts with all levels of management), develops others and enriches team dynamics (i.e. mobilizes the team towards a shared vision)
- Displays Sensitivity to Our “Métier” – Focuses on quality (i.e. aids in controlling and developing the quality of the team’s work), builds knowledge of the beauty business and understands beauty (i.e. expresses creative concepts with deep understanding of the brand’s strategic vision)
- Demonstrates Entrepreneurship – Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves performance (i.e. takes actions to contain costs and manage the budget) and works in conjunction with upper management to develop and implement a vision
- Innovates – Shows curiosity (i.e. looks for trends and events in various domains), imagines creative solutions generating business value
- Achieves Results with Integrity – Conveys energy, focuses on results and acts with integrity
- Manages Complexity – Reasons from multiple perspectives (i.e. simplifies complex issues by identifying essential elements) and makes decisions (i.e. works with key stakeholders in the decision making process)
- Interacts Effectively – Listens and communicates effectively and actively networks (i.e. adds value to transversal projects)
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.