Job Title: District Sales Manager
Location: Colorado District
Function: Field Sales
Supervisor Title: Regional Director
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor of salon professional products in the United States. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The District Sales Manager (DSM) is responsible for delivering to the overall company objectives, increasing market share within the respective district, and exceeding sales goals established in partnership with the regional leader. The DSM will lead, coach, and develop a team of Salon Business Partner (SBP) to identify growth opportunities within key accounts and establish professional relationships with internal and external partners.
- Must create a strong understanding of overall business, industry and markets within the district.
- Coach SBPs to build brand equity and profitably increase sales volume on all assigned professional L’Oreal and partner brands.
- Lead SBPs to achieve assigned sales goals and KPIs through the focus of business development, distribution, and promotional activity for each assigned brands.
- Ensure SBPs are utilizing internal resources including and not limited to brand partnerships, Digital Sales Aide (DSA), and sales reports to help drive business results.
- Assist SBPs as needed to identify new partnerships via the MAG leads, referrals, and cold calling.
- Spend a minimum of 3 days in the field visiting a minimum of 5 accounts each day or more depending on business need.
- Add value to team by proactively coaching and mentoring SBPs regularly.
- Spend time in the field detailing with each team member at a minimum of 1x each month or more depending on business needs.
- Conduct quarterly face to face PDM sessions with each SBP to identify strengths and opportunities for their respective territory.
- Strategically and effectively utilizes fuel and monitors overall district spend.
- Participate and facilitate in monthly, quarterly, and annual sales prep and sales meetings.
- Determine weekly trend projections for the month and communicate ways to ensure the team meets budget.
- Identify sell through strategies, partner with key accounts on promotional events, and add value to salon clients business by identifying business opportunities, conducting business reviews with key accounts, determining education needs, and educating salons on the value of Summit Salon partnership.
- Establish external and internal cross functional relationships with store division, salon development executives, brands, etc.
- Manage time sensitive activities proactively including and not limited to customer issues, emails, and all other administrative tasks.
- Comply with company policies, objectives, and directions to meet company objectives and maximize profits for sales.
- Supports sales by participating in and facilitating education and promotional events including area classes, company shows and events, hands-on work-shops, and in-salon education.
- Identifies and develops, in partnership with SBPs, a plan of long term growth within the district for existing salons and new customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA with a focus on business or marketing is strongly preferred.
- Three to five years of relevant sales experience and a minimum of 2 years of people management is preferred.
- Strong people leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience.
- Leads by example and holds team accountable.
- Ability to develop a strong winning team with a strong sense of belonging and comradery.
- Ability to share team wins, provide constructive feedback, and share best practices.
- Exceptional customer service, listening, negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, oral, and written communication skills.
- High sense of emotional intelligence and ability to develop relationships.
- Ability to make sound judgment and strategic decisions.
- Strong analytical ability, attention to detail, and organization/time management.
- Possesses a valid state driver’s license, good driving record and required auto insurance policy levels.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset as this role requires to manage and lead competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Must be highly and professional and ability to partner with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills - Windows-based (MS Office) systems, knowledge of Salesforce.com (SFDC) as well as social media understanding and usage.
- This position requires significant local travel within the respective district to current and potential clients; time spent driving is up to 60% with prolonged periods of sitting.
- Requires attendance to monthly sales prep, regional/district sales meetings, conventions, shows, educational classes and other special events that may require overnight travel and/or some weekends.
- All work may necessitate the lifting of promotional materials and products up to 25 pounds which may also require bending.
Pay Range: $72,000 - $102,000 plus 20% bonus potential
- 401k with employer match
- Profit Sharing
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Stock Options
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time off & Holidays
- Free Goods
- Flexible Work
- Referral Bonuses
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave... And much more!
*The above reflects the general nature and level of work considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job identified and are not a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Not all functions listed may be performed and other duties may be assigned to meet business needs as determined by the Company. The DSM may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within this job description but are relative to the goals of the business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.