Purpose of role:
Responsible for maintaining the Environment, Health & Safety, and Facilities areas within the Wake Forest Site. Provide site services and maintenance to the corporate premises in Wake Forest in a safe and cost effective manner for optimum business performance.
Oversee management of onsite facilities projects managed by his/her team and external facilities contractors.
Responsible for the Environment, Health and Safety of the site and its continuous improvement.
Manage the implementation of the EHS system applicable to his/her site and supports managers in its application within each department.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Manage the tendering selection, evaluation and mobilisation of Facilities Management (FM) contracts according to an agreed schedule.
- Manage the external FM company to meet the agreed service levels, and ensuring any other contracted work is correctly managed to the Group guidelines.
- Manages service contracts linked to the TBS activities: monitoring of service quality, monitoring of the activity indicators, monitoring of progress plans in accordance with the Group's security rules.
- Provide to all areas of the site the services and infrastructures necessary for their work and performance objectives.
- Guarantee the implementation on site of the EHS System of the Group. Propose the orientations, the objectives and the annual EHS program of the Site, observing the ethics rules and the EHS rules as well as local regulations.
- Ensure the protection and the sustainability of the site property and assets.
- Bring support and EHS expertise to the site operational management team.
- Support market stores in safety efforts as may be deemed necessary by the business.
- Collect, analyze and communicate the EHS performance of the site, propose improvement action plans.
- Contribute to an exhaustive and accurate group EHS reporting.
- Maintain regular and transparent contacts with local authorities.
- Allow or prohibit the operation of installations, buildings or equipment on the site, according to the results of the risk analysis.
- Manage the budget of the Facilities & EHS department; ensure the efficiency of Facilities & EHS management system.
- Develop and manage the facilities team. Ensure the expertise and know-how development, carry out organizational changes as required.
- Stop any site operations which are deemed to be too dangerous.
- Contributes towards the success of all events held on the site.
- Proposes proactive improvements and innovation to the organisation and management of the site services.
- Manages physical flows (mailroom, waste management, etc.).
- Monitors and complies with the site charter for workstations.
Working Relationships & Interfaces (where applicable):
Site staff and colleagues from The Body Shop. Wake Forest DC staff. International and Zone teams from The Body Shop worldwide.
Site visitors. Facilities Management (FM) contractors. External couriers, post/parcel delivery, Other contractors (new works, projects). Emergency Services. Local authorities.
- Minimum of 7 years hands-on work experience supporting EHS compliance
- Strong knowledge of EHS requirements applicable in the US
- Experienced interaction with OSHA, EPA, DEP, etc….
- Experience of introducing and implementing EHS Management Systems
- Experience in building a proactive and engaged EHS culture
- Ability to influence at senior levels, lead change and drive continuous improvement
- Management of service contracts, budgets
- A bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Occupational Safety & Health, or Environmental Management
- The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally written.
- Highly developed relationship-building skills to foster effective working relations across the organization's functional and field leaders.
- Professional certification in one or more of the following: Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) Certified Professional EHS Auditor (CPEA) or Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP) a plus
- Experience of OSHA regulations applicable to NC (NFPA / Disability Act etc.)
- This person will also need to be a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, creative, high-energy individual who can easily function in a performance-driven environment.
- He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel.
- This professional must demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- The ideal candidate will also:
- Be an ambassador for EHS
- Be comfortable on their feet making decisions
- Comfortable challenging contractors to meet service levels.
Does this position have supervisory/management responsibilities? Yes No
Management of Facilities staff/ reception. Management of external contractors.
If yes, does the responsibility include hiring, firing, disciplinary actions and performance appraisals?
Physical Demands (Required by ADA)
What kinds of physical demands are required in this job? (Check those which apply and indicate the frequency required)
Sitting – How often? Standing – How often?
Walking – How often? Lifting – How often?
Carrying – How often? Pulling – How often?
What is the maximum weight required to be lifted/carried/pulled in this job?
up to 10 lbs. up to 25 lbs. up to 50 lbs. 50 lbs. or more
Does this job’s primary work environment involve detailed safety procedures (ie. hazardous materials, machinery with moving parts, etc.)? Yes or No
- Project Management skills
- Team Working
- Persuading and influencing
- Training and presentation skills