L’ORÉAL MANUFACTORING, MIDRAND
Job: EHS Manager
Reports to: EHS & Facilities Manager
Location: L’Oréal Manufacturing, Midrand
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Ensure the observance and the application on the site of the EHS system and policy of L'OREAL.
• Supports the managers to lead EHS activities in the field.
• Deliver general EHS training on site, drive the EHS training program of the site with HR and managers.
• Ensure the regulatory monitoring, communicate about it, and propose actions to be in line with regulation.
• Implement continuously the L’Oréal EHS system and policy; assess the requirements' conformity of the site.
• Bring his/her expertise during risk analysis.
• Carry out EHS internal audits (control of non-conformities, implement and follow-up corrective actions).
• Enquiries about accidents, incidents and occupational disease.
• Exhaustive and accurate group EHS reporting.
• Reduce the environmental impact in his/her perimeter of activity.
• EHS & Facilities team projects and initiatives.
General Duties in terms of the ISO 14001:2015 & BS OHSAS 18001:2007 standards
• Designing and updating of procedures i.e. SOP’s & OPL’s.
• Arranging and planning surveys (Environmental & Health and Safety).
• Induction Safety Training for new employees and contractors.
• Occupational Health and Safety act / Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment.
• Conducting Accident and Incident Investigations.
• Managing reporting and close out of items raised on Mesur & SIO.
• Complete Safety Validations on all equipment as per the register.
• Monthly Safety Reports (OKAPI).
• Updating all Safety Statistics and Graphs.
• Reporting Lost time injuries and all Sec 24 Incidents and Accidents.
• Arranging and planning Internal Training incl. updating the training matrix.
• Issuing and Stock Control of Personal Protective Equipment.
Arranging and planning Internal and External audits (Local and DGO Requirements).
• Raise non-conformances and incidents on the OVS rapid reporting system.
• Follow-up completion of Corrective Actions raised on the OVS rapid reporting system.
• Arrange, Plan, Conduct and Minute the Annual Management Review.
• Ensure that the legal register is kept up to date and all changes are communicated to relevant staff.
• Define EHS objectives for the site and assist Departmental Managers in compiling individual objectives for their area.
• Ensure effective communication and understanding of the Group EHS Policy.
• Ensure that all on site level understands the requirements of the technical instructions and procedures.
• Ensure that safety rules are applied/ adhered to by everyone on site.
• Create communication tools.
• Ensure that all subjects discussed in the EHS Steering Committee is followed-up and completed and clearly set out in the EHS Manual.
• Compile and annual EHS plan and ensure realization of all actions.
• Create and ensure full implementation and understanding of the Site Emergency Plan.
• Arrange and conduct Emergency Drills and follow up on actions.
• Fire prevention and fire protection of the site.
• Ensure enough people are trained as First aiders and Fire fighters.
• Classification and management of chemicals.
• Update a formal register for all the chemicals containing all relevant emergency information, PPE etc. and tracking MSDS’s.
• Reviewing Method of Manufacturing for all new formulas with the Process Engineer.
Reviewing chemical status and classification in SAP.
• Plan, update and manage budget for EHS.
• Management of contractors and issuing of permits to work.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
[EHS] NURTURES THE PIONEERING SPIRIT
• Foster innovation and creativity to protect the environment and reduce impact of activities
• Benchmark, apply and share EHS best practices from external and internal entities
[EHS] "MAKE IT HAPPEN" WITH OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE AND AGILITY
• Provide EHS technical expertise
• Apply L’Oréal’s EHS policy and management system
• Sponsor and drive the L’Oréal ergonomics program
• Analyze data and propose adapted solutions to the management team
• SAMTRAC/NEBOSH or equivalent safety qualification
• SHE incident investigation and Root Cause Analysis
• Hazard identification & Risk Assessment
• Understanding the OHS Act and regulations incl. the COID Act
• Implementation of a management system & internal auditing either from 14001 :2015/ 18001:2007.
• Minimum 5 years working experience in an operations environment, preferably in industrial / manufacturing environment
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with processes, preferably in industrial / manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of relevant local legislation (e.g. Environmental and Health and Safety)
• Working knowledge of ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards
• People Developer