For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead an example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
What we’ll do together:
As a Processing Engineer you will manage projects to improve the safety, quality, cost, delivery, morale, and environment of the processing department of our largest Manufacturing Plant in North America! You will coordinate and work with the processors, mechanics, contractors, and leads in our area. You will also lead focus teams for improvements in key areas as well as organize and implement engineering projects concerned with L’Oreal USA production operations. As a Processing Engineer, we rely on your strong communication skills (for interaction with contractors and internal project teams), demonstrated problem solving techniques, troubleshooting abilities and your confidence to be an active decision maker on the Team!
What your day will look like:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the listing below:
- Take ideas and suggestions from processors and mechanics for existing or anticipated problems and successfully implement the best solution delivering on safety, quality, cost and delivery, morale, and environment.
- Develop major capital projects for automation, expansion, or cost reduction.
- Perform analysis of processes, systems, methods, or procedures.
- Manage projects for the improvement of our key process indicators in our processing department and plant. Project management will include effective interaction with processors, mechanics, contractors, and leads, to help solicit ideas and implement lasting solutions, individually and with cross-functional teams.
- Safety validation of all the mechanical systems in processing and pre weigh, which requires testing validation and updates of SHAPs, written procedures, OPLs, and other procedures
- Project management and leading technical improvement teams.
- Share improvement ideas and knowledge with the Technical team.
- Must be flexible and self-motivated with a demonstrated ownership of projects.
- Effective coaching skills to improve department and plant, passion for helping others, and commitment to continuous improvement and excellence
- Identify opportunities and produce cost-effective results in a timely manner.
- Train others and make presentations to mixed audiences of technical and non-technical employees.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent related job experience
- 0-3 years’ experience (minimum requirement: internship or co-op experience within a manufacturing environment)
- Project management skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Work flexible hours/shifts, as needed.
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas.
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, hairnets, gloves, and steel-toed shoes.
- Decisions made by the Processing Engineer can directly impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. They must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
- Safety: Fully supports an independent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of Zero Accidents.
- Quality: Supports and embraces the quality mission of the plant.
- Delivery: The ability of the processing engineer to meet the production demands ensures that our customers receive our products on time.
- Cost: Operation of the processing engineer activities according to the standards ensure that cost to produce is aligned with the financials.
- Environment: Supports and embraces the environmental mission of the plant.
- Morale: Must be an actively engaged employee exhibiting a positive attitude and a focus on teamwork to achieve best in class results.
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- People Developer
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Technical / Professional
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills.
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures.
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions.
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results.
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence, and negotiation skills.
- Results oriented.
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR