Develop bulk manufacturing procedures to support new product launches, and projects at plant and contract manufacturer. Act as a technical resource for the Unit of Production Bulk Processing Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in formula and process risk assessment in plant. Influence sound and technically robust solution in formula/process development with Pilot and UP.
- Based on processes developed by our Corporate Pilot Labs, develop scaled-up bulk manufacturing procedures for new product launches, transfer, and formula renovations.
- Conduct bench and pilot batches for new and existing formulas to gain an understanding of the bulk physical and chemical properties while trouble-shooting quality problems. Assist with troubleshooting bulk related problems in both processing and packaging.
- Manage and execute bulk processing and filling validation projects, including OTC validations, for new formulas, transfers and processes.
- Conduct activities that support bulk processing productivity and improvement projects to determine feasibility and implementation.
- Observe “Current Good Manufacturing Practices” (cGMP
- Support an effective, professional and communicative work environment with the processing and other departments in the plant.
- Maintain all data, records and reports.
- Maintain a safe, clean work environment and implement L’Oreal safety and environmental programs.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required. Occasional overnight traveling is required
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemistry and/or relevant scientific background.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a bulk manufacturing or process development department.
- Familiarity of batch manufacturing equipment operation.
- Strong knowledge in MS Office.
- Proven ability to organize and report data.
- Acts/leads with human sensitivity
- Displays sensitivity to the “métier” of L’Oreal
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship
- Achieves results, with integrity
- Manages complexity
- Interacts effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.