Функция: Отдел операций
Тип занятости: Полный рабочий день
Место расположения: New Jersey - Jersey City
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
· Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present technical solutions to your category head
· Experience in technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
· Good self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information for rapidly changing priorities
· Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
· Ability to listen, to learn and to be a professional engineer that successfully elevates the attractiveness and visibility of the department
· Clearly support and contribute to a team vision in order to achieve department goals and objectives
· Partnering and leading effectively across different functions and levels. Establishing strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
· An understanding and strong interest in packaging manufacturing technologies
· Experience in working with various materials, the manufacturing, decorating techniques and functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
· Able to anticipate and recognize risks, analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusion and deliver a solid technical report with viable packaging solutions to enable stakeholders to make quality decisions
· Knowledge of finished good manufacturing capabilities and applying necessary validations to ensure quality integrity throughout our international supply chain
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES FOR PACKAGING, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
· Review, analyze and cleanse incoming master data requests from Product Development in preparation for DPM record creation. Includes updates to shade names, ship dates, SRP, and hierarchy updates
· Update material master trackers to ensure set up in all systems are timely and align with launch schedule.
· Create packaging specifications by coordinating with the departments and/or vendors to gather master data requirements and component specifications.
· Create and manage bill of materials
· Collaborate with regulatory departments to obtain associated data related to formulas
· Obtain from vendors palletization data on finished goods/semi-finished goods. Validate shipper specifications with samples received from vendors.
· Review and action on weekly error reports
· Obtain artwork samples and manage in designated systems.
· Assist in analyzing and maintaining various data integrity tools and applications.
· Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
· Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
· Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
· Support sustainability initiatives
· Identify and implement process improvements
· Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
· Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
· 1 year of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
· French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
· Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint, CAD software, and SAP.