Position Overview: Responsible for the overall planning, direction and coordination of environmental programs.
Key Responsibilities: Responsible for the prevention of water, soil, and air pollution; hazardous waste management; solid waste management; reduction of energy consumption; reduction of water consumption; management of recycling and reuse; and the compilation of reports and filings associated with these activities.
- Directs or assists in the planning, development and administration of the environmental program.
- Develops, implements, reviews and/or revises programs in area of responsibility to ensure compliance of operations with laws, regulations, policies, plans and procedures. This includes water pollution, abatement, air pollution abatement, hazardous waste management, solid waste management, energy management, water reduction management, recycling management, etc.
- Manages and evaluates environmental staff in area of assigned responsibility.
- Participates in the development, implementation or interpretation of new or revised initiatives; participates in conferences and meetings relating to areas of assigned responsibility.
- Participates in the development of budget requests and the monitoring of expenditures according to budget allocations/appropriations.
- Conducts investigations, institutes audits, and prepares and/or reviews reports and relation information to evaluate existing organizations, policies, procedures, and practices as related to the environmental program.
- Maintains contact, cooperates with and addresses local and community organizations and other interested groups pertaining to the assigned programs.
- Participates in enforcement hearings; testifies before legislative or administrative bodies or commissions as required.
- Develops and provides environmentally – related training.
- Manages ISO 14001 program.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
Educational or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a major technical or science discipline. Must have various DOT/EPA/RCRA certifications.
- PE certification desired.
- Minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in environmental management.
- Minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal environmental laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of budgeting & fiscal management.
- Knowledge of current environmental issues and theories.
- Knowledge of the scientific aspects of an environmental program and the legal framework under which the program operates.
- Knowledge of managerial techniques and administrative practices.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to review, analyze, interpret and/or prepare federal and state laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures as related to the assigned program.
- Ability to testify as an expert witness.
- Ability to evaluate environmentally related policies and programs against associated standards, regulations, policies and legislation.
- Ability to develop, implement and administer an environmental program.
- Ability to interface with ALL plant and corporate personnel for the purpose of improving the Environmental Management Program (EMP).
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to professional, technical and related program staff.
- Ability to manage change, provide program management and achieve results.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.