SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
Job Title: Executive Assistant/Special Project Coordinator
Division: Merchandising, Planning and Sub Distribution
Reports To: VP of Planning & Merchandising and VP Sub Distribution
Location: St Petersburg, FL (NOC)
The Executive Assistant I/ Special Project Coordinator will provide advanced and complex support for all activities of the VP Planning and Merchandising and the VP of Sub Distribution, including travel arrangements, meeting schedules, correspondence, sales reporting, budget management, purchase order management, communications with multiple personnel and senior management, and general administrative duties. They will coordinate special projects such as information gathering/consolidation, spreadsheet building and create/edit PowerPoint presentations for executive management. They serves as main point of contact for VP’s listed above, as well as assisting the VP of IT with travel and purchase order management.
- Manage daily schedules/calendars for VP Planning & Merchandising, and VP of Sub Distribution, schedule complex meetings and conference calls.
- Exercise discretion, confidentiality and independent judgment when handling day-to-day issues.
- Organize complex meetings including partnership with attendees and participants, booking location/AV equipment and catering, organization and communication of agendas, and updating changes to participants
- Research, compile, coordinate, consolidate, prepare and edit complex PowerPoint presentations and Excel data documents
- Draft, submit and compile information for key meetings and corporate requests.
- Schedule domestic and international travel, car service and hotel reservations, and monitor all changes
- Organize, prepare and submit time and expense reports
- Navigate company resources and interface with various departments on behalf of VP of Planning & Merchandising and VP Sub Distribution to collect information, respond to requests, and obtain services
- Establish and maintain organization of correspondence, documents and business records
- Prepare and/or edit announcements and other correspondence
- Manage budgets for such things as events, annual conferences, supplies.
- Create and manage P.O.’s.
- Coordinate Special Projects under direction of VP Planning & Merchandising and VPSub Distribution.
- Organize, manage and maintain Sub Distribution Agreements, Territory Maps, Distribution Rights and Lien (UCC) Filing, etc..
- Organize and Coordinate management of Merchandising Contracts and Contract Database
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- 2 - 5 years of experience providing administrative support to senior executives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of professionalism and sound judgment in dealing with all levels of an organization.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks under high pressure.
- Budget management experience, preferably multiple budget experience
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in order to complete tasks with little to no supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Highly resourceful and flexible
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Must be able to remain stationary or sit for the majority of scheduled day.
- Able to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment throughout the day.
- Ability to travel up to 15% based on business needs.
- Flexible work schedule
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws