For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Working with a broad range of analytical techniques including those outside of your expertise, you will aid the innovation process through the supervision of a team providing accurate and timely analysis of cosmetics and OTC formulations. You will lead a wide range of activities including method development and validation, stability testing, substrate deposition/penetration studies and contribute to the resolution of complex problems within tight time constraints. You will work closely with a team of chemists prioritizing testing, reviewing data and writing technical reports for both routine and non-routine work. You will also be responsible for the team’s professional development.
- Independently design and conduct research to improve current and implement new capabilities in analytical chemistry that are technically relevant to the groups supported
- Plan, supervise, and assist analytical chemists in the lab in conducting analyses of new and existing products/materials
- Review experimental design, protocols, analytical generated in the laboratory prior to their release to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Write technical reports and present project information to stakeholders and upper management as necessary
- Maintain necessary documentation in accordance with company SOPs and GMP guidelines
- Actively participate in L’Oréal’s international analytical technical communities
- Supervise staff members, helping them to develop their skills and experience by providing performance appraisals, appropriate training activities and opportunities and implementing development plans.
- Act as a technical mentor to more junior scientists
- Minimum BS degree in Chemistry is required; with a focus on Analytical Chemistry, preferred
- 6+ years progressive technical experience required
- Experience in the cosmetics, personal care or consumer goods industries
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience, preferably in an analytical laboratory
- Strong working knowledge of analytical techniques including chromatography, spectroscopy and wet chemistry
- Familiarity with ICH guidelines and FDA regulations related to OTC products
- Experience with stability testing and expiration dating of OTC products is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on presenting scientific data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Organization and time management skills necessary to simultaneously lead multiple projects to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Someone who is innovative and resourceful in problem solving technical challenges
- Someone who can achieve results without compromising integrity
- Someone who has a scientific curiosity and passion for consumer products
- Creative and self-motivated
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.