Do you enjoy leading instrumental/clinical researchers on high profile projects?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As a Group Leader/Manager - within the Product Performance Evaluation – Instrumental/Clinical Science, this position requires an experienced and proven leader equipped with the confidence and skills to manage high profile projects and a team of instrumental/clinical researchers, complemented with the tools needed to negotiate timelines, budgets, and priorities. This Leader should have a background in instrumental/clinical testing design, while also possessing excellent analytical, strategic thinking and collaboration skills which will be essential for leading studies and teams within the different L’Oreal US brands.
- Oversee practices and procedures carried out for Instrumental/Clinical/Claims for Skin Metier testing operation (aid-to-formulation, claims clinical, and instrumental testing)
- Partner with the formulators/Labs and Product Performance Managers (PPMs) to determine the Instrumental/Clinical testing needs using Instrumental In-House and/or global capability testing, and/or Instrumental/Clinical tests with external vendors for claims substantiation and/or product performance; obtaining clear objectives and context for projects.
- Understand the strategy for the Skin métier categories and drives a strategic innovative and pragmatic Instrumental/Clinical product evaluation for any product technologies.
- Develop each team member by establishing and managing performance evaluations, development plans according to their position, experience, strengths and development needs.
- Develop the team by ensuring that each team member is aligned on their personal and team goals, values and vision by holding regular meetings, providing continuous and efficient feedback, encouraging feedback from team, promoting collaboration within the team and across function, and providing recognition.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other departments including PPE Sciences, PPMs, Labs, SRC, and Marketing in US and internationally.
- Lead the partnership with Global Instrumental/Clinical team across the Skin product categories to align on testing strategies and share results throughout the year
- Design and execute high profile and priority innovation and claim substantiation Instrumental/Clinical studies from inception to completion including study design, methodology, and questionnaires.
- Analyze test results, synthesizes the information and writes/reviews reports to meet business objectives.
- Communicate and present findings to key stakeholders and management.
- Drive creative research approaches and strategic recommendations for product development including design of Hybrid Testing, partnering with consumer and/or sensory/expert teams.
- Support new, forward thinking evaluation techniques, methodologies and strategies for the future of Instrumental/Clinical evaluation, providing recommendation on the test design based on project objective
- Aid in implementation of creative and digital capabilities to enhance research learnings and communication of results
- Prioritize project workload with Skincare Lab and PPMs
- BS/BA degree in a related science and 5+ (Group Leader) 10+ (Manager) years’ experience, or MS degree in a related science and 3+ (Group Leader) and 6+ (Manager) years’ experience in technical research and understanding of management within a fast paced consumer goods company. Preferred areas of study include Biological, Physical or Material Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Bio-Engineering, Bioinformatics or related fields;
- 3+ (Group Leader) and 5+ (Manager) years of experience managing a team.
- Experience with Cosmetic industry is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think strategically, develop tactics and measurable implementation plans and able to transform solid thinking into action.
- High level of passion for consumer centricity during the product development process.
- Experience coordinating product testing with outside vendors a plus;
- A strong statistical background and knowledge a plus
- A strong leadership and motivational skills to drive agile product design and develop teams.
- Previous project management experience; clear understanding of project set-up and timelines
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with a deadline-driven deliverable.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation (written/oral) and organizational skills
- Confident engaging with and presenting to senior executives.
- Able to Manage conflicting priorities within designated projects.
- Able to Deliver against established timelines.
- Able to Develop a team and team motivation.
- Results oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with solid planning and organizational capabilities, a bias for action, and the capability to define, evaluate, decide, and take risks.
- Able to translate evaluation plans into actionable recommendations to drive exceptional consumer satisfaction.
- Proficient in MS Office, data entry and some knowledge of statistical software programs (such as Compusense, SIMS, Spotfire etc.).
- Are legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.