Сфера деятельности: Tech
Тип должности: Permanent
Тип занятости: Full - Time
Место расположения: Montréal
Title: IT Senior Data Engineer
Function: Information Technology – Digital
Location: Montreal, Quebec
At L'Oréal, our ambition is to become the #1 BeautyTech company, meaning inventing the beauty of the future while becoming the company of the future.
The role will be responsible for a Senior Data Engineer across broad portfolio of applications with Digital Marketing, CRM, eCommerce and enterprise data assets. The role sits with the Data & Analytics group, It is a critical role to enable the future of Omni Retail products and the seamless integration of data and analytical solutions across platforms. This role will provide leadership via mentoring and partnership with other architects and data stewards in the organization.
As part of our Digital Transformation roadmap, we are designing and implementing the next generation of advanced and flexible tech products to enable business growth across multi-channel commerce and marketing by leveraging a thorough understanding of 1P/3P selling and optimization of aspects like Order Management, Media, content management and Supply Chain.
The individual in this role must demonstrate creatively, foresight and mature judgement as they anticipate and solve complex business problems. The position is challenged to identify problems quickly and correctly which otherwise elude. Projects typically would include multiple application solutions, multiple digital technologies across various architectures. The person in the role will solve the problems with the best course of action within the departmental guidelines from existing solutions and works independently. The individual communicates for needed investments and architectural changes or business needs is critical to ensure solutions can be created to meet the strategic business capability needs.
· Understand business priorities and success measures to design and implement the right data solutions.
· Have a strong hand on experience in Data Engineering and displays eminence in modern data architectures across the organization.
· Lead architecture design, define and implement end-to-end modern data platforms in support of AI and analytics use cases.
· Be instrumental in growing and mentoring a pool of talented Data Transformation practitioners.
· Provide thought leadership and new perspectives on how to leverage GCP cloud services and capabilities.
· Initiate and deliver strategic roadmaps and gain commitment for enterprise level architecture
· Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community.
· Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the resourcing process; actively participate in hiring and retention activities.
· 7+ years of overall experience in product and/or data architecture, data engineering.
· Bachelor's Degree or higher in STEM areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or equivalent work experience.
· 3+ years of experience in providing technical leadership from design to implementation of creative data solutions involving GCP (Big query, data flow, data proc, pub/sub, spark/PySpark, python, SQL etc.)
· 3+ years of experience in architecting solutions for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads.
· Strong understanding of Agile SDLC implementation in public cloud eco systems including environment management, test automation, CI/CD, resource optimization
· 2+ years of experience in analytics/data management strategy formulation, architectural blueprinting, business case development and effort estimation of disruptor based analytics on GCP.
· Knowledge of GCP services is a + (BQ, DataFlow, Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, GCS)
· Needs to have worked with software configuration management environments and tools such as JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Confluence
· Familiarity with Data Analytics products such as Power BI, tableau and Looker
· Background in CPG/Retail or eCommerce background
· Ability to teach/coach/mentor others virtually and in-person, especially on GCP data and analytics services
· GCP Data Engineering or Cloud Architect Certification
· Full stack development a plus
You are missing some hard skills? It's ok.
You will be mentored by seniors to grow your practice and autonomy.
This job will rapidly move to Lead responsibilities.
L'Oréal is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees.