PART OF INNOVATION DIRECTION (in R&I) whose double mission is to:
1 Establish roadmaps for and with the labs based on consumer insights, trends and business needs.
2 Invent life-changing products which are either technology-driven, competition-driven (fast track) or marketing-driven.
ROLE = INNOVATION DIRECTOR FOR ASIA SKINCARE
[“DMI of the labs”, working on innovations ahead of the brands with a 2 to 5-year timeframe]
1 Establish the Asia roadmap of the labs for the overall skincare métier and for key skincare categories:
provide a strategic understanding of the skincare métier in Asia with clear priorities for the labs and brands, based on the right decoding and consolidation of consumer insights, trends, competitive environment, market dynamics and business needs.
2 Drive together with each labs’ leader the vision and innovation priorities of 3 application domains with a worldwide scope:
Skin Tone Management, Hydration-Imperfections-Body, Skincare Beauty Tech.
3 Create and push ‘big ideas’, disruptive product experiences that can have a significant Asia or worldwide business impact through the R&I innovation pipeline and to the business partners:
- by identifying high potential technologies coming from the labs and transforming them into winning holistic prototypes.
- by transforming unmet consumer tensions together with the CMI team into relevant consumer-centric innovations.
- by spotting and transforming competition product nuggets together with the Foresight team into successful new product/category launches.
- transversal position, work for the group and all brands, hence a unique métier vision vs. a brand vision.
- no to little direct management but a lot of indirect management of several teams and many different stakeholders (within and outside R&I), collaboration, drive and leadership are highly needed.
- no need of scientific background or expertise.
- marketing expertise in product development/innovation/DMI (minimum of 7-10 years of marketing experience).
- creativity, out-of-the-box thinking, passion for innovation.
- expertise about Asia beauty market and Asian consumers with a focus on North-East Asia (China, Japan, Korea).
- expertise in skincare.
- very curious and interested in new product trends and consumer behaviors beyond beauty.
- good sensitivity to beauty & fashion products in general.
- solid analytical skills.
- digitally connected and skilled.
- excellent communication and presentation skills.
- high autonomy and self-drive.
- great collaboration and team spirit.
- leadership, ability to embark and federate teams behind his/her vision, ideas and projects.
- able to work with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams from all around the world.
- fluent in English, Asian and/or French language is a plus.
- based in Tokyo, Shanghai can be considered.