12 Month Intern, Learning for Transformation: Marketing U
Updated May 2019
This role supports all Marketing trainings within the Learning for Transformation team at L’Oréal USA. The person in this role will oversee logistics for all programs, including marketing strategy programs, category expertise trainings (categories include haircare, skincare, cosmetics, haircolor, fragrance), and digital marketing upskilling. They will also support partnerships with digital partners (e.g. Google, Snapchat, Amazon, and more) and other exciting, companywide initiatives. This role has high visibility into the L’Oréal business and strategic priorities across our portfolio of 35+ brands. It also provides great exposure to partners in marketing and digital. The person in this role will gain valuable experience with a best-in-class training and employee development department, with an emphasis on our organization’s current digital transformation and consumer centricity. This is a great role for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in Marketing, Digital, Public Relations/Event Production, or Learning.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Liaise with vendors and venues on all program logistics
- Coordinate program catering and networking events
- Coordinate, prepare and ship materials for programs
- Compose and send out post-program feedback forms (system: Formetris)
- Maintain all courses and sessions in HR systems (PRISM & Unity)
- Set-up and breakdown of program venues (participant packets, supplies, products, decor, A/V & IT, catering, etc.)
- Develop printed materials for program, ensuring that content is relevant and aesthetics are consistent with team branding
- Gather and maintain inventory of product and supplies
- Provide strategic feedback to constantly improve program quality and customer service to trainees
- Manage employee facing communications including monthly enrollment newsletter and employee inquiries
- Provide support during meetings with internal partners, external vendors and international colleagues
- Maintain shared drive files, including team calendar and catalog
- Plan quarterly team offsite
- Constantly audit the way we work and make recommendations for improved efficiencies (cost cutting, time saving, etc.)
- Managing relationships and program development with external partners (Google, Facebook, L2, Amazon)
- Special projects as assigned to build portfolio of experience
- Candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months OR must have graduated with a Master’s degree within the last 12 months with no gap more than 5 months in education history
- Possess a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Prior internship or office experience preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, keen eye for attention to detail and proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to problem solve and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Strong verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills along with the ability to form strong cross-functional relationships
- Must have a team player mindset, actively take initiative and have a strong work ethic
- Be self-motivated and curious and sense of confidentiality
- Ability to manage complexity
- Have a “customer service” orientation with ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, -PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook for email, calendar, contacts, scheduling and task management required
- Have demonstrated use of analytical skills – both using tools (ex. Excel, Business Objects, etc.) and problem solving/critical thinking skills
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of an incumbent in this position. This position is NON-EXEMPT under FLSA, and is eligible for straight time up to 40 hours and overtime paid in accordance with FLSA regulations after working 40 hours in a weekly period.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.