The Internal Control and Compliance Intern will work hand in hand with the Internal Control and Compliance manager to ensure that the business process owners adhere to the various L’Oréal group norms, policies and procedures for the factory and corporate entity. To do this the intern will be required to be well acquainted with the various group standards ,referential, norms as well as local policies and procedures. The Internal Control and Compliance Intern will also be required to:
- Conduct periodic control testing to ensure adherence with the set group norms and local procedures,
- Assist the internal Control Manager to implement and follow-up on action plans to mitigate risks and address findings from internal audits.
- Collaborate with all business functions to develop controls and document standard operating procedures including benchmarking existing processes with L’Oréal Group Standards,
- Participate in the review and maintenance of segregation of duties in various business areas and for various systems that L’Oréal East Africa uses,
- Collaborate with the Internal Control and Compliance manager to design, participate and coordination of corruption prevention framework
- Keep up to date with laws and regulations, inform the business of changes when relevant and respond accordingly,
- Identify areas of strengths and weaknesses and engage in continuous education and staff development of best practice methods.
- All other duties as reasonably requested by the Internal Control and Compliance Manager.