Job title: Junior HR Associate, Talent Acquisition (12 month assignment)
Division: Talent Acquisition
Location: Hudson Yards Office, NYC
Hours: Full time (40 hrs/week)
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
As the leader in the beauty industry, our success is a direct result of our employees. L’Oréal is always looking for talented and ambitious minds to help build our beauty into something even better.
Leadership also means innovation and quality. We offer the most technologically advanced products to our customers and portfolio of brands in every product category. L’Oréal USA fully encompasses all aspects of beauty for everyone, everywhere.
This Junior HR Associate role is a 12 month assignment supporting the Talent Acquisition team. The associate will report into the VP of Finance Recruitment, supporting Finance and Accounting recruitment overall as well as other functions such as campus recruitment. The Junior HR Associate will coordinate the interview process while maintaining strong relationships with candidates, hiring managers and HR teams. The Junior HR Associate will perform the below responsibilities, amongst others, in support of Talent Acquisition’s goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and confirm via Outlook the scheduling of all candidate interviews with Recruiter, Hiring Managers and their teams, including but not limited to phone screens, technical phone interviews, assessment sessions or individual interviews, as required.
- Coordinate the travel plans for out-of-town candidates and confirm cost effective, yet convenient candidate travel (includes requesting travel profile creation, monitoring booking of flights, making hotel reservations, car service requests, etc.).
- Ensure a positive candidate experience for all candidates interviewing with L’Oreal. Prepare company materials to share with candidates, ensure they have completed our online employment application; complete pre-employment process (i.e., background check and drug screenings), etc.
- Direct source talent for current and anticipated openings using Boolean searches, LinkedIn, Indeed, WayUp, our ATS and CRM systems and any other tools available.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies, product giveaways, recruiting materials, etc.
- Conduct reference checks for manager and below positions.
- Draft offer letters and send out all offer packets containing: offer letters, drug screen, benefits and relocation information, agreements, if applicable.
- Manage all logistics for key recruitment events including but not limited to booking internal conference rooms and external venues, ordering and supervising catering, room setup / breakdown, shipping/receiving materials, etc.
- Work on special projects and participate in Talent Acquisition initiatives to advance our goals.
- Recent graduate (within 12 months) of a BA degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Management, or related area.
- 3.25 GPA or higher.
- Previous internship or Co-op experience in an office setting environment, a must – prior HR internship, a plus.
- Self-starter and capable of working under minimum supervision.
- Well-developed computer skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and work efficiently while remaining flexible to unforeseen changes in direction.
- Flexibility to commute back and forth to NY/NJ L’Oreal facilities to attend meetings, events, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, planning skills and follow up skills.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to develop strong internal and external networks.
- Enthusiastic team player, creative/innovative thinker with a passion for process improvement.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and sense of urgency in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive data and information on a regular basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.