Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Education
Function: Training Education
FLSA status: Exempt
Grade: 10 - 11
Supervisor Title: VP – Training & Education
Location: Home Office
Date: July 12, 2021
Section 2: Job Summary (limit your description to one paragraph):
Partner with Vice President to successfully manage the Customer Experience & Education department resources including budgets, time management and materials.
Section 3: Job Requirements (Minimum number years of experience, skills, certification and academic background required to perform this job):
- College degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in beauty sales or training position
- Strong project management experience
- High business awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote, Outlook, SalesForce)
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making (Describe the nature and impact of decisions required for this position as well as the type of supervision required for this position from the following; Close, Moderate, Intermittent, None):
- Effective and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to employ sound judgment in complex situations
- Must be comfortable working through ambiguity and in a fast-paced dynamic environment both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
Supervision will be provided from a situational leadership point of view. At the start of this assignment, expect high support and high direction as the candidate becomes competent and confident in the role. As their hands-on experience evolves, the candidate will be able to work independently.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements (if applicable – i.e. lifting – exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment):
- Ability to lift 30#
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: $2.75M
Annual Revenue Responsibility: N/A
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
- Work with Vice President, Instructional Designers, and cross-functional stakeholders to plan the education master calendar. Consider all factors necessary to properly support Field Trainers and KCR development and performance. Plan dates and locations of education seminars, trainings, summits and the national sales meeting. Negotiate the best possible prices with hotels, meeting venues, restaurants, audiovisual equipment rental, production service providers, etc. Complete orders for training materials on time and on budget.
- Manage the Department, Gratis, and Collective budgets—including creating and managing POs, vendor setup and payments, placing SHOP orders and conducting monthly reconciles with Finance.
- Organize and manage all Customer Experience & Education departmental information and assets including: meeting agendas, minutes, historic materials, films, facilitators’ guides, product knowledge, and backend learning management system data and functionality and more.
- Accurately plan and forecast gratis allocations for all Customer Experience endeavors.
- Triage Customer Affairs inquiries, pro-actively proposing solutions to the Vice President for alignment, then garnering buy-in from appropriate stakeholders and executing customer appeasements wherever necessary.
- Prepare monthly Travel & Expense reports for the Vice President and yourself
on time and on budget and managing Team compliance accordingly.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary competencies that are core requirements for this position, in order of importance. Different from job responsibilities, these are “soft skills” that are required for success. Please refer to the L’Oreal USA MAP competencies. Examples include managing complexity, interacts effectively, innovates, etc.
1. Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
2. Interacts Effectively
Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
3. Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
4. Achieves Results with Integrity
Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
6. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
7. Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.