Job Title: Director, Finance
Supervisor Title: VP/SVP Finance
Location: New York City (435 Hudson St)
The Director, Finance, is responsible for managing a full P&L for all Kiehls and Luxury Beauty Stores, with particular emphasis on YOY spend analysis for development, rent, and promotionality. The Director, Finance will also serve as the financial liaison to all support departments. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the Chief Retail Officer team to complete business cases on each of the stores, and liaise with senior management of the brand to make recommendations for the future of our retail business.
- This position is responsible for the overall financial management of the Retail operations of Kiehls’ freestanding stores (FSS) (approx. 80+ stores) and 50+ Luxury Beauty Stores (LBS).
- This role requires leadership in terms of strategic, forward-thinking financial support of the retail channel.
- This role will be integral in defining the business performance standards and metrics, and create/drive internal financial processes.
- An important focus of this position includes the identification of operational and financial opportunities to contribute to a best-practice financial structure to support the needs of ever-changing brick and mortar landscape
- The Retail Finance Director will be responsible for developing Budgets and Trends for FSS in collaboration with business partners including Sales and Operations to a set aggressive yet achievable targets
- Responsibilities will include the monitoring and reporting of key financial metrics (at times on a store by store basis) to ensure that the appropriate support and direction is provided to key business partners
- The position will include the creation/review of business plans for lease renewals and proposed new sites.
- The role requires cross-functional partnership with Accounting/CRO/Sales/Operations, IT, and Marketing teams to ensure strategic collaboration and proper information flow to support the channel’s needs.
- The Retail Finance Director will be expected to maintain strong business and internal controls support Company results and comply with Company Norms
- You will be responsible for day-to-day management and development of direct reports to grow, scale, and potentially rotate into different roles over time.
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of retail (beauty or consumer goods) finance experience
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, and analysis experience required, with previous experience managing a full P&L.
- Strong communication, collaboration and team building
- Broad business acumen and problem solving skills.
- A self-directed leader able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and multi-task multiple projects.
- Strong computer/system skills required. Knowledge/experience with SAP a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel; proficient and comfortable with technology and able to troubleshoot routine technological issues. Knowledge and/or experience with SAP a plus.
- Ability to sit and use normal office equipment (phone, computer etc) more than 90% of the day.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to travel for company events when needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.