Job Title: Kiehl’s Since 1851 Manager, Strategic Planning
Division: Wholesale Sales
Supervisor Title: Director, Strategic Planning
Location: New York Office
The Manager of Strategic Planning is responsible for sell-in of a forecasted dollar volume into the retail account(s). The Strategic Planner will play an instrumental role in the planning and execution of Kiehl’s marketing initiatives for each account. Act as key liaison between Kiehl’s and the assigned account(s). Interact with buying office in all aspects of the ordering process to ensure the company’s net goals are met. Participate in negotiating new distribution opportunities including space and location, capital agreements and opening orders. Perform all administrative functions for their account(s).
- Responsible for planning & achieving net sales goals for wholesale accounts. Compile all daily, weekly and monthly retail sales reports along with net decks, and mix of business files to ensure accurate retail/net forecasting.
- Manage all account(s) stock and sales plans. Responsible for overall stock levels and promotional stock planning. Negotiate with retailer on shipments and order flow.
- Work with Director, Strategic Planning and Marketing to develop and propose Retailer Strategy for assigned account(s).
- Create and plan all presentations for management and retailer meetings
- Work in conjunction with the Director to establish the promotional strategy for the business, input the agreed upon contracts as well as maintaining all advertising, markdown, and return/DIF budgets in LEAP.
- Build strong, influential partnerships with buyers to maximize space and visual priority, full stock conditions and the retailer’s contribution to advertising and sales enhancing events.
- Establish strong working partnerships with the Field Sales Directors, STMs, STEs, as well as cross-functional corporate office teams to influence & acquire key resources, obtain problem solving advice and take advantage of assistance in highly critical negotiations for their account(s).
- Administrative: Maintain retailer side by side calendars, track processes with cross functional team (i.e. planogram updates, digital asset delivery, etc.), enter allowance requests into Leap for approval and management, work with Coordinator on Item Set-Up Form, Excel Schematic Planograms, and all other retailer form requirements.
Judgement and Decision Making
- Plan Net and Retail Sales, and Allowances for Accounts
- Forecast weekly, monthly shipments and retails by account
- Work closely with field team sharing key strategies for execution
- Partner with Sales Admin on allocations and prioritization of inventory
- Manage the logistics of disco/phase ins/ reformulated product impact
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor degree and minimum of 5+ years’ experience in Cosmetic or retail management
- Self-motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
- Ability to establish strong working relationship with buying group
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Must effectively monitor, analyze, interpret and communicate business information
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel. Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.