L’Oréal is present in 140 countries on five continents. For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty; it is now the industry world leader with €26 billion consolidated sales.
The group's mission is to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to women and men around the world with respect for their diversity. Our ambition for the coming years is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires.
As a true business partner for all our divisions, our multicultural team directly contributes to the success of L’Oréal’s brand portfolio: Lancôme, Yves-Saint Laurent, Biotherm, Kiehl’s, La Roche Posay, Vichy, Garnier, Maybelline New-York, Kerastase, Redken (…)
Minimum 5 years of experience
- Lead and manage a team of developers across the world
- Bring product and code improvements ideas to the team.
- create and/or improve frontend applications
- Develop internal tools to automate the development of projects
- Define the global guidelines and best practices + automatization
- Discuss requirements, planning, designs
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Analyze web performance and provide solutions
- Ability to understand Business needs and translate those into software features
- Never ending desire to self-educate on the latest list of web technologies.
- Excellent practical judgement knowing how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems, multi-tasking, and strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- Care strongly about developing amazing user experiences.
- Comfortable with GIT (not only commit/push/pull) and code review process (PR).
- Deep knowledge and experience creating robust, scalable and maintainable CSS, web standards, accessibility
- Strong experience working with CSS pre-processors such as SASS or LESS (not only using variables)
- Strong experience in Responsive design, mobile first techniques
- Deep knowledge of Vanilla JS (not using only libraries but understand behind the hood)
- Real production experience with at least one of the following framework: ReactJS, VueJS, AngularJS, EmberJS
- Strong experience using build system tools such as Webpack or Gulp
- Good knowledge of NodeJS, NPM, YARN.
- Strong experience in unit testing, functional testing and code coverage (Mocha, Jest, Nightwatch, Puppeteer, etc..)
- understanding of major browsers and the special considerations required for them.
- Strong experience in progressive enhancement techniques
- Strong debugging skills
Active github profile is big plus.
- Experience with SalesForce Commerce Cloud
- You’re familiar with ES6/7 features and you’ve used Babel to deploy that code in production.
- You’ve experimented with service workers, FRP, etc. or you’ve with languages like Elm or ClojureScript.
- PWA - setting up services workers, push notifications, etc..