Функция: Отдел исследований
Тип занятости: Полный рабочий день
Место расположения: FR - Ile De France
L’Oréal’s Technology Incubator is creating a new role in France for an Engineering Project Leader.
TECH INCUBATOR PURPOSE
Designed as a startup within the Research & Innovation division, L’Oréal’s Technology Incubator is dedicated to meet the needs of consumers through disruptive innovation with high speed time to market. The team partners with entrepreneurs, academic institutions and experts across disciplines to advance research and launch first-to-market technologies.
Launched in 2012, L’Oréal’s Technology Incubator is a global team that includes physicists, engineers, UX and hardware designers, and data scientists. Among our success for projects we count: My UV Patch, Makeup Genius, Kérastase HairCoach and Le Teint Particulier.
Our focus is on innovation, development and advancement of hardware and software focused on personalization, augmented reality, wearables and machine learning. The team is located in France, USA (NY and San Francisco) and Japan.
As a project leader, you sync all stakeholders to ensure timelines, cost, performance and quality of the product:
- Frame project strategy and create vision empowering the team.
- Kick off project by setting up the team, scope, deliverables, milestones, development strategy.
- Sync partners to ensure timelines, quality and cost control: R&I, Marketing, Evaluation, external Partners and startups.
- Reports project progress and corrective actions.
- Present and valorize team work with a clear and sharp communication.
- Work with Marketing to launch products and accelerate time to market.
As an engineer, you master all technical details of the technology, the device, the ecosystem you will deploy on the market:
- Define and design the system architecture of projects including hardware, firmware, software, cloud to ensure data quality for R&I.
- Continuously monitor algorithms integration and make sure performances and limits are characterized along the project.
- Follow up development, documentation quality of partners, deliverables and risks.
- Perform acceptance, testing strategy to ensure quality.
- Conduct pilot studies on different stage of the project prior public launch.
- Follow up readiness level and field feedback for quick corrective action if required.
- Communicate to upper management and brands/marketing.
Scout new technologies
Be continuously aware about Tech innovations to transfer it to the Beauty industry.
- Meet with startups, entrepreneurs, keep eyes open to new method, approach, tech platforms (sensors, eco-system, algorithms).
- Evaluate and report technological readiness level of new techs in the fields of personalization, wearables, connected objects, diagnosis tools.
- Explore and identify field of patents with IP team.
- Specialties: Embedded Software, Computer Science, Embedded Systems, and will consider other engineering specialties.
Skills/Experience (5 or more years experience)
- Engineering background with product development (a plus if some business background)
- Has evolved to a project manager role delivering technology/hardware or tech product development.
- Project management: V cycle, agile method, industrialization constraints knowledge.
- Software lead/development: Manage projects that include following coding skills C, C++, C#, Java, Python (nice to have).
- Hardware development/management: PCB design and manufacturing steps, firmware and drivers, certifications.
- Product testing and validation strategy.
Who are you and what are you like?
- Entrepreneurship & Hands on
- Know how manage complexity
- Analytic and strategic mindset
- Passionate about innovation
- Team spirit and collaborative
- Open minded, curious