more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely
to one business: beauty. It is a business rich
in meaning, as it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain
self-confidence and open up to others. From make-up to hair color, from hair
care to skincare and fragrances, our products magnify, beautify, soothe,
moisturize, strengthen, rejuvenate... Regardless of a person’s age,
origin or personality, above all and before all, they enable her or him to care
for what is certainly most precious to each man and each woman – and most
fragile: the face, the skin, the body… in a word: caring for oneself.
Our research budget
reached €794 million in 2015, which
represents 3.1% of turnover.
In the last 10 years,
our Research budget has increased more rapidly than the Group's sales.
More than 490 patents were registered in
2015. Our workforce consists of 3800 employees, representing
nationalities and thirty different
scientific backgrounds (chemistry, physics, biology,
dermatology, optics, rheology, IT, statistics, analysis, etc.).
Promote innovation with enhancement in concepts, technologies, new raw material, processes, and consumer experience.
- Propose creative ideas or scientific concepts based on consumer
insights in Hair field
- Translate consumer/market insights into
outstanding product performance goals
- Transform scientist/technicalknowledge into
inventions and innovations
- Anticipate and
enhance major technological innovations
strategiesdesignedto meet market demand
- Elaborate, propose,
and position new product concepts that are technically and economically viable
- Select and enhance concepts, technologies, and
raw materials with different formula structures
- Ensure execution
and follow-up of Applied Research projects with a view of transferring them to
and Develop Team
WHO ARE YOU ?
- Basic knowledge in the area of physical chemistry.
- PhD/Master degree preferred in the area of science/chemistry/material science/biochemistry/physics/experimental science).
- Post-doctorinal or 5 years of industry experience
- Excels/Earns trust in his/her specialty field
- Possesses and is able to speak with one's own conviction, and yet, open to listening, and adjusting to input from other in market/customer/technology
- Flexible in embracing changes
- Learning agility
- Effective communication skill/team player
- Team leadership :
- Engages and empowers colleagues aound shared objectives
- Builds effective teams, creates a climate in which people want to do their best
- Self directed, autonomous in research activity
- Understands evidence-based way of working
- Ability to design and organize studies
- Japanese speaker preferred
- Able to represent Japanese consumers
- Able to communicate/establish connection with Japanese professors/external partners in Japanese language.
- Interest in the area of hair/beauty