Who is L’Oréal?
L’Oréal is the world's largest and most profitable cosmetics and beauty company. We are present in over 140 countries on five continents. Our 34 international brands include Kiehl’s, Lancôme, Maybelline New York, L’Oréal Paris, Garnier, The Body Shop, Shu Uemura, Urban Decay, NYX Cosmetics, Clarisonic, La Roche Posay, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, Ralph Lauren, Diesel, Vichy, Biotherm,Essie, L’Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Matrix, Pureology and more.
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty. The group's mission is to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to women and men around the world with respect for their diversity. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition for the coming years is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires.
Why join us?
Being the world's #1 beauty company, L'Oréal empowers its people who are ready to take bets, think out of the box, defend their convictions, be resilient and leave their own mark. They are offered numerous opportunities, fast track careers and early responsibilities. L'Oréal has ambitious goals and is striving for excellence. This permanent learning experience helps you stretch your potential.
What will you do?
As a Group Corporate Controller, you will work under the Administration and Finance Division, report to the Chief Finance Officer of the country, and be expected to:
To guarantee, within the framework of the objectives defined by the General Management, the economic balance of the entity through the various functions under responsibility: Controlling, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Legal and Information Technologies
- Advise the General Management on Finance related issues in order to contribute to the sustainable development of the entity
- Ensure respect of Group standards (Finance, Accounting, Controlling, Legal and Tax) in line with legislation and best practices of internal audit - Manage the plan, budget and trends. Supervise the reporting process
- Set up and update procedures to guarantee the consistency, relevance and reliability of administrative and financial flow of information (expenditures, payments to suppliers)
- Anticipate financial risks; when necessary, take appropriate corrective measures
- Manage Information Technologies of the entity in accordance with the Group’s policies ensuring sustainability and safety
- Consolidate the entity accounts and monitor treasury flows. Manage the foreign exchange hedging. Supervise the closing of statutory accounts
- Recruit, develop and manage his/her teams. Ensure development of expertise and know-how and lead the organisation development
- Lead relationships with external auditors, banks and the Tax Department - Ensure legal compliance of activities by a close follow-up of contracts and litigations (in connection with the Corporate Legal Department or local one if any)
- Check the economic and legal relevance of major contractual commitments of the entity. Manage insurance contracts, estates and entity facilities (furniture, cars, etc.)
Who are we looking for?
- Has a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accountancy or related
- Has minimum 8 years' experience in strategic finance and controllership from the FMCG industry
- Has impressive background in reporting controls & ensuring compliance of transactions as it relates to the group accounting & management standards including GAAP/IFRS
- Has passion/appreciation in the beauty and cosmetics industry
- Has strong leadership skills and people management background
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Commercial mindset, driven, energetic and entrepreneurial