Who is L’Oréal?
L'Oréal is the world's largest and most profitable beauty company. It is present in over 150 countries on five continents. Our portfolio includes more than 35 internationally acclaimed beauty brands including L'Oréal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline New York, Nyx Professional Makeup, Lancôme, Kiehl's, Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, Ralph Lauren, Urban Decay, Shu Uemura, Biotherm, Clarisonic, Kérastase, L'Oréal Professionnel, Matrix, Vichy and La Roche-Posay.
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted itself solely to one business: beauty. The group's mission is to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to women and men around the world with respect for their diversity. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition for the coming years is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires.
Our business is energetic and vibrant, underpinned by strong ethical principles and our belief that financial performance and responsible business go hand-in-hand. We are driven each day by our six founding values - Passion, Innovation, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Open-mindedness, Quest for Excellence and Responsibility.
Why join us?
Being the world's #1 beauty company, L'Oréal empowers its people who are ready to take bets, think out of the box, defend their convictions, be resilient and leave their own mark. They are offered numerous opportunities, fast-track careers, and early responsibilities. L'Oréal has ambitious goals and is striving for excellence. This permanent learning experience helps you stretch your potential.
Each day at L’Oréal, you will lead the change you want to see. You’ll have no normal day. You’ll strive and drive. You’ll create and forge your own path. You'll try, fail, try better and succeed. You'll collaborate with our people, partners, community and grow from experiences and challenges. You'll be surrounded by the best, pushing yourself to learn fast and changing the future of Beauty.
What will you do?
As a Purchasing Specialist, you will work under the Purchasing Team of the Finance and Administration Division (DAF), report to the Group Purchasing Manager, and be expected to do the following:
- Analyses business needs and challenges demand: collect, understand and challenge stakeholders’ needs and promote demand management. Apply VA methodology and Guarantee the expected functionality level at the optimized costs - Defines purchasing strategy: organize and gather market knowledge, propose advanced action plans to benefit from market opportunities
- Optimizes costs: Improve the cost model through a good knowledge of supplier process, Identify opportunities leveraging value chain approach. Lead and implement productivity projects, apply and Use TCO.
- Anticipates business activity and acts proactively: Contribute to build, share, and apply the category strategy, using the category network. Captures Supplier Innovation - Maximizes Supplier Relationship: define and implement supplier portfolio, monitor the performance and analyze P&Ls, make clear feed-backs and follow action plans.
- Creates value and innovates: lead complex projects (Reformulation, W2W, Full buy, innovation, R2P, Indirects…). Develop and recommend best options to secure identified project risks.
- Negotiates with integrity: use appropriate negotiation techniques and tools.
- Operates according to internal control principles and legal rules: implement standard contract framework enhancing on key legal principles, propose improvements and deals with the legal department. Monitor the contract compliance
- Evaluates and manages risks: apply risks policy and tools, propose action plans. Escalate to the relevant stakeholders.
- Manage Performance and efficiency: Build cost forecasts for a simple category, share and control assumptions for budget construction. Manage KPIs, build continuous improvement strategy for financial and non-financial KPIs. Demonstrate a functional understanding of all purchasing/procurement tools (SAP, Optis, CPP, Scorecard ….), ensure data quality. Demonstrate a clear understanding of financial process: basic financial or accounting rules, S80 and PRI structure and purchasing part, L'Oréal financial activity rules (rebates, fees, drivers…). Analyze the impact of choices/tariffs in a plant P&L or in a PRI.
- Supports and manages stakeholders’ relationships: Feed network with internal/external news, share best practices, Communicate / manage projects /share suppliers’ information with his stakeholders
- Support sustainably purchasing: apply all purchasing/procurement processes (Buy and Care), following internal control rules. Share and train new people on processes.
- Focal for Local Purchasing Excellence activities (e.g. Purchasing KPI Reporting, My Market Content optimization, etc.)
Who are we looking for?
- A graduate with a degree in business or related
- Displays sensitivity to L’Oréal's “Métier”
- Passionate about beauty and wants to build a career in the beauty and cosmetics industry
- Has at least 2-3 years of work experience in purchasing operations
- Highly analytical, agile, entrepreneurial and has strong project management skills
- Exhibits strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Driven, analytical, proactive, and detail-oriented
Join L’Oréal. Lead the Change.