Who are we?
L’Oréal International Distribution (LID) is a new Go-To-Market, multi-brand structure, which will mainly work regional or national distributors and, in specific cases, directly with certain regional retailers or directly via e-commerce (multi – country sites).
What are we looking for?
The role of LID BDM will have the strategic responsibility to drive the multi-division brand commercial strategy across certain channels and regions.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Business Development Director
- Develop, monitor and manage a portfolio of accounts / distributors / retailers, in accordance with the strategy of the division and the brands
- Develop and design the go-to-market strategy of the brand in the respective market
- Along with the partners, create and monitor the annual business plan/trade plan, to achieve brand results (sell-in, sell-out, market share) and the profitability of brands within the account.
- Lead or participate in the discussions with clients on key launches, space, location and stock.
- Determine the eComm strategy and sustainable vision to increase weight of business
- Create and maintain an eComm plan, e-promotional calendar, product exclusivities, cross selling mechanisms, data ownership along with the eComm partner
- Identify the potential for commercial development of existing customers and develop their loyalty
- Help customers to develop their own business: sales, merchandising, technical assistance, coaching, training and team motivation.
- Visits customers and retail regularly to help develop the business while maintaining excellent relationships
- Identify prospects within the industry and develop new business relationships.
- Work close with all functions marketing/ finance/ supply chain to ensure the strategic priorities are in line across functions
The ideal candidate should have:
- 5+ years previous experience within a similar role within a similar environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset and digital savviness are keys for this role to drive the Go to Market strategies for the multi divisions
- B2C / eComm channels
- Strong leadership & business acumen
- Strong comfort levels with quantitative and qualitative measures and analysis
- Strong collaborative skills to work with all key stakeholders, internal and external
- Excellent interpersonal skills, natural ability to build strong business relationships
- Problem solving skills and contingency planning mindset to operate in a proactive vis-a-vis reactive mode.
- A willingness to own the strategic direction whilst maintaining a passion for grass-roots
- Comfort in operating in a fast-paced, agile and ever-changing dynamic environment
The role will require travelling in the region (approximately 20-30%)