Who are we?
We wake up every morning because there is excitement in knowing that everyone we work with has a tremendous impact on a larger vision. We empower billions of people to be the canvas for self-expression inspiring confidence and self-belief every day. When they feel good, we feel good. It's contagious! That’s why we surround ourselves with other 82 000 L'Oréal driven thinkers and doers to spark innovation and build a true leading brand powerhouse offering beauty for all across 36 international brands and 140 countries.
When we create a product or experience that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something. Something that will win the hearts and minds of another billion.
What are we looking for?
The Professional Products Division (PPD) is universally known for exclusively supplying salons and other professional customers with the most advanced technologies in hair care, styling and colouring products. The 8 brands within this division are L’Oreal Professionnel, Mizani, Redken, Pureology, Kérastase, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Matrix and Essie Professionnel.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, monitor and manage a portfolio of retailers/clients account, in accordance with the strategy of division and brands
- Create an annual business plan/trade marketing plan taking into account levers of growth to achieve brand results (sell-in, sell-out, market share) and the profitability of brands within the account.
- Lead or participate in the negotiations with retailers/clients on key launches, space, location and stock. Establish and develop partnerships and strong relationships with the trade marketing.
- Establish and implement the plan including trade marketing/animation/ merchandising/training. Follow up return-on-investment of actions and animations. Support the development of the account, including e-retail.
- Achieve the sales targets and qualitative and quantitative objectives set by the Regional Sales Manager/headquarters.
- Identify the potential for commercial development of existing customers and develop their loyalty.
- Identify prospects within his/her industry and develop new business relationships.
- Organize the routing programme, manage administrative data and information.
- Help customers to develop their own business: sales, merchandising, technical assistance
- Help customers to develop their own business: coaching, training and team motivation.
- Develop market share (sell-out) in the sector.
- Develops a personalized business plan with Salon owner after analysis of salon performance and potential.
- Visits customers to develop their business through brands’ value propositions and cycle animations
- Coordinates with Education Experts and Salon Emotion Developers to develop the clients’ business
The ideal candidate should have:
- Relevant sell-in / sell-out experience in general trade / B2B2C channels
- Strong leadership & business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills, natural ability to build strong business relationships
- Sharp, analytical, quick to jump on opportunities
- Committed to success, team player, good work ethics
Why should you work for L’Oreal?
L’Oréal is richly endowed with a portfolio of international brands that is unique in the world and that covers all the lines of cosmetics and responds to the diverse needs of consumers the world over. Visit us to know more.