BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Our Corporate Division supports the 4000+ strong workforce in L’Oréal UK & Ireland. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic environment when you’ll have visibility over our 4 Divisions and play an integral role in moving our business forward. The Ecommerce Acceleration Team exists to make L’Oreal UKI a digital first business by 2024 and drive market share across all our brands and divisions.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
Our founder Eugène Schueller once said that “a company is not walls and machines, it’s people, people, people”. Joining our corporate teams means joining the world leader in beauty, at the cutting edge of innovation. But above all, it means becoming part of a team of talented and inspiring people.
• Report into Head of Systems & Reporting
• Ownership of the end-to-end EPOS & stock data process, ensuring accurate data is loaded and reports are produced to deadline
• Work with internal commercial teams and external data vendors to gather weekly sell-out data, manipulate and load data into core Business Intelligence application on a daily basis
• Work with business teams to understand reporting requirements and develop solutions in Power BI sourced from data stored in Google Cloud Platform
• Work on reporting and systems projects, improving data accessibility in different business areas.
• Conduct BI training courses to upskill new members of the Commercial and Marketing teams
• Be first point of contact for business system issues, working with IT to resolve
• Be responsible for administering system access rights and delegations for core business systems
• Take the initiative to suggest process improvements to established ways of working in order to gain further efficiencies and share best practice
• Unlock new opportunities for a larger sell-out data portfolio
• Experience preferably within a consumer driven and fast past sales environment
• Educated degree level
• Power BI, DAX, Advanced Excel, VBA (essential)
• GCP, SQL, Python (desirable)
• Experience of generating reports from Business Intelligence applications (essential), preferably from GCP
• Experience of creating reports & visualisations using Power BI
• Highly numerate, analytically strong and a great eye for detail
• Experience of analyzing large data sets
• Financial reporting knowledge (preferable, not essential)
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
• Demonstrates entrepreneurship
• Manages Complexity
• Achieves results with integrity
• Acts/Leads with human sensitivity
• Displays sensitivity to the métier
• Interacts effectively
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.