Brand Business Manager- Matrix, Biolage & Pulp Riot - PPD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Thanks to our global brands like Kerastase, Redken, Pureology, L’Oreal Professionnel, Matrix & Biolage, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
• Report to General Manager – American Brand, UKI
• Define the Brand’s strategic directions and the 3-year marketing plan, guide portfolio priorities (new launches, pillar products’ renewal and animation of core catalogue). This would be for the brands MATRIX, BIOLAGE and PULP RIOT
• Work collaboratively with DMIs and Zone as DRIVE partner country for all brands to deliver effective future launch strategies and GTM.
• Media strategy, Campaign Development and management to build brand awareness and drive specifically haircare business. Build and Scale advocacy strategies (both b2b and b2c) to build consideration and love for the brand.
• Define channel-based strategies; onboard and oversee perfect brand execution across channels from distributor to ecommerce partners
• Lead the marketing mix strategies (IMC/360/Digital/Retail) and the adaptation of communication (imagery, digital, point of sales)
• Own the brand and amplify the brand identity: ensure that all actions are in line with the sense of purpose while nourishing the brand
• Steer the collection and analysis of consumer and market insights, to guide content and animation development as well as inputs into product development pipe
• Manage the budget (sales forecast, price strategy, A&Ps, profitability of the brand, P&L, etc.)
• Collaborate to innovate with education and commercial teams, ensuring full integration across all brand activities and stakeholders
• Collaborate with and contribute to American Brands Mancom team as well as lead of extra-financial topics within PPD and Loreal as a whole
• Build, develop, upskill and inspire your team. Develop their marketing expertise and know-how, with a focus on data and tech driven marketing.
• You will think digital first – act like a start-up and develop creative solutions to disrupt the market.
• You will be responsible working closely with the supply chain team ensuring you maximise stock availability and launch planning.
• Commercial acumen, sensitivity and collaboration is a critical must have. Exposure and experience on Ecommerce is welcome
• Entrepreneurial and agile. Every single day, you spot opportunities to shake things up.
• Super creative. There’s no blueprint for the future. You’ll have to design it.
• Adventurous. L’Oréal is for pioneers. So you’ll embrace challenges and change.
• Ambitious. You crave success and we’ll support you all the way.
• Respectful to every level. Whoever you’re talking to, you treat everyone the same.
• One of the Tribe. Even if you’re Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes. And so do we
• Open. To new ways of doing things. To other people’s (sometimes crazy) ideas.
• You. You’re real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity, so you’ll feel right at home whoever you are.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with experience of building relationships across an organisation.
• Creative and logical mind, creating campaigns born out of data, customer centric but with clear business objectives behind the creative.
• A solutions orientated mindset with the ability to work accurately at pace and cope with ambiguity.
• Experience of managing change - through rapid growth.
• A strong stakeholder management experience and the ability to influence at all levels.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to analyse data, draw accurate conclusions and communicate key messages succinctly.
• Strong planning and organisation skills – with an ability to appropriately re-prioritise and change as required to meet deadlines.
• Is risk aware and builds contingency into plans.
Ambition: You anticipate, think, and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role; develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities, and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.