Head of Cosmetics & Fragrance CMI
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Group Insight Manager – Cosmetic & Fragrance
CMI mission is to drive Consumer Centricity, putting insight at the heart of business decision planning by providing thought leadership and analytics on consumers, shoppers and competitors. Especially, CMI role is to:
• Lead the market and consumer intelligence strategy in the country (market and consumer intelligence, assessment of opportunities, consumer insight, methodological innovations, etc.). Provide analysis and recommendations to ensure proper consideration of the consumer into the group/division/brand/category’s growth strategy. Generate better understanding of return on marketing investments (ROI).
• Lead the collection and systematic analysis of market data (panels, media plans, socio-economy, culture, demography, etc.), ensuring information quality and accuracy. Analyze the evolution of the markets, the sector and the competition’s activities, to inform the country business strategy
• Organize an in-depth strategic watch (consumer, competition, new business models), identify the major trends of the market to detect growth opportunities.
• Define development recommendations to guide senior management
CMI sits within the Chief Digital Marketing Office (CDMO) Team in the Corporate Division of L'Oréal UKI. The CDMO is made up of 5 teams who support the business and drive the Digital Transformation. The team have the consumer at the heart of all we do. We help our brands to shape their strategy, identify new opportunities and ultimately unlock business growth in the UKI market.
Contribute to L’Oréal UKI growth by providing in-depth consumer understanding through state of the art, cost effective, qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and providing consulting and interpretation of shopper and market research data. Especially, you will:
1. Drive consumer-centricity in the cosmetic and fragrance categories
• Understand consumer category needs and behaviours to deliver clear messages to the business
• Influence with insights and consumer data driven facts
• Support and help optimise new launches via relevant consumer insights
• Continue to connect with relevant business stakeholders to drive consumer centricity and transform insights into growth opportunities
• Ensure learnings are implemented in the business / transformed into action
2. Leading on brand equity analysis
• Responsible for managing Globe (our brand health tracking tool) for the UK, alongside Zone
• Being a partner for Zone, Ipsos and stakeholders as regards all project deliverables
• Share learnings with internal and external stakeholders to build on learnings, with the goal to build brand equity
• Proven track record in the application of insights in the FMCG industry
• Highly numerate – strong analytically and good commercial acumen
• Digitally minded
• Fundamentally shopper oriented. Able to blend and interpret information from multiple sources
• Absolute objectivity
• Ability to deliver on projects to quality and time
• Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate information and opinions persuasively, openly and honestly, including when it concerns difficult messages
• Commercial acumen, driven by targets with a desire to succeed
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment
• Acts as a proactive self-starter and takes initiative
• Builds strong and effective relationships based on trust
Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
Entrepreneurial: Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
You: You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.