Consumer Experience Manager
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Our Corporate Division supports the 4000+ strong workforce in L’Oréal UK & Ireland. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic environment when you’ll have visibility over our 4 Divisions and play an integral role in moving our business forward.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
Our founder Eugène Schueller once said that “a company is not walls and machines, it’s people, people, people”. Joining our corporate teams means joining the world leader in beauty, at the cutting edge of innovation. But above all, it means becoming part of a team of talented and inspiring people.
Consumer Experience Manager (Escalations)
As we strive to continually improve our customer centricity, we want to ensure each and every customer experiences the very best care. Especially on those rare occasions where a consumer experiences a product or service that falls below their expectations. Whilst we work closely with an external agency to provide consumer care to our typical comments, questions and complaints, we are looking for a highly empathetic individual to manage exceptional cases that require more attention. You have a unique ability to listen, empathise and understand our consumer’s needs. You’ll also be adept at working across a network of internal stakeholders such as Brand, Retail, Digital, Finance and Scientific teams to turn a comment or complaint into a compliment!
• Your mission will be to have direct contact with consumers escalated from our Consumer Care agency to resolve their concerns and convert brand detractors into brand advocates.
• Internally, you’ll build a strong network of consumer advocates in key roles across the business; Brand, Ecommerce, Finance, Scientific Affairs, Corporate Communications.
• The key to success in this role is to use this network to achieve the best possible outcome for your consumers and fix reoccurring issues for good.
• You will work completely independently to respond either verbally or in writing to our more significant or complex complaints which requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• You’ll also manage a Consumer Care Advisor and coach them on their consumer interactions and responses on complex cases.
• To achieve all of your, you’ll also need to develop a deep understanding of our products, customers, and shopper needs.
• Demonstrable experience in working autonomously with challenging consumer needs with a solution focussed mindset
• Strong empathy and ability to translate customer needs to solutions
• Exceptional and articulate communicator; verbally and in writing
• Willing to innovate and challenge the status quo
• Confident and independent problem-solving skills, ability to work flexibly and take ownership for resolutions with your relevant stakeholders
• Ability to build good relationships and networks and leverage these to achieve your objectives
• The resilience to regularly liaise with consumers who have received sub-optimal experience and the positively to turn that experience around
Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our backbone, and we love new ideas.
Proactive and Open: L’Oréal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands-on approach.
Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.