The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Role Summary: At L’Oreal, we are transforming our core capabilities around Data to deliver exceptional digital customer experiences.
To drive this, we are recruiting for an experienced CRM Data & Analytics Manager to join the Data team, reporting into the Data Director to take ownership of the vision and strategy for our online and offline channels (O+O), specifically identifying how to extract maximum value from our data assets across Digital, CRM & Media. The role will work in a hands-on way across the organisation & our agency partners, collaborate with senior business leaders & IT to help build tools and products to answer complex business questions. You will be joining at a time of significant change for the Data Team, as we adopt new ways of working, while building a next-generation data platform in GCP.
This role sits within our centralised CDMO structure (digital marketing) which partners across the 4 business divisions for L’Oreal UK and Ireland by providing expert guidance to drive market leadership. The Data & Analytics team consists of 12 individuals who report into the UKI Data Director.
As a senior/manager, there may not be a typical day. One day you could be helping create the vision for a data product and the next day working with IT to create the right set of data assets to ensure accurate reporting on CRM. But a consistent part of your role will be to have Consumer data at the top of your mind, providing clarity and quick feedback both across your team and your business stakeholders to ensure alignment.
To successfully deliver change in a fast-paced environment you will need to:
• Work in close collaboration with the Data Director & divisional stakeholders to create a consumer data & analytics strategy, partnering with the business to define priorities
• Build out long term roadmap for O+O channels with a focus around enabling ease of data access and automation
• Work in partnership with the central Digital Marketing & Innovation team to develop a deep understanding of current and future needs of our stakeholders across the Digital, CRM and Media space
• Drive insights & analysis to help brands better understand customer behaviour across online & offline touchpoints
• Work collaboratively with a delivery team of peers and direct reports (x2) including Data Engineers/Scientists, BI developers, and CRM Analysts to design and deliver products that provide the insights to enable our brands to take strategic and tactical business decisions
• Collaborate with the business stakeholders on product launch communication, training, and adoption of tools.
• Provide ongoing support to stakeholders and end users of our data products
Skills & Experience:
• Have significant experience working in a Digital organisation, leading analytics teams to deliver value from data through deep dive analysis, visualisations and building tools
• Highly detailed with a systematic approach, ownership, and strong focus on collaboration to effectively handle multiple, constantly evolving, and conflicting priorities
• Have led large scale data & dashboarding projects – technical background in data & analytics is a plus with a strong product mindset
• Ability to quickly build strong and credible relationships with the business leaders and appropriately influence, understand, and resolve issues.
• Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
• Superb communication skills with ability to influence and partner with IT
• Familiarity with Agile framework/methodology would be a plus
• Experience of being a line / people manager for data analysts/scientists preferable