The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
The Consumer Products Division’s mission is universal: to offer the best in cosmetics innovation to the greatest number of people on every continent. Its brands are available in all mass-market channels (hypermarkets, supermarkets, pharmacy’s and retail stores). The division is the spearhead of the group’s quest to win over a further billion consumers. The Consumer Products Division includes popular brand such as L’Oréal Paris, NYX, Mixa, Garnier, Maybelline & Essie.
Be responsible for continually evolving the strategy for growth with this highly strategic customer; working across marketing, sales, finance and supply to synchronize our operations with Amazon and deliver the best possible experience of our brands on Amazon.co.uk. You will:
• Be the voice of the Customer, developing a deep understanding of the Amazon business and being the voice of the customer internally.
• Lead a multifunctional commercial operations team to deliver a coordinated response to the Amazon strategy for CPD.
• Be the bridge between marketing and digital teams at L'Oréal, and the Amazon team, to create fantastic activations for our brands that will help Amazon become known as a destination for Beauty and that will grow CPD market share.
• Deliver monthly updates and communications to the UKI business on performance and strategy, also working with the EU team to share best practice.
• Have full P&L accountability and will lead annual trading terms negotiations with the customer.
• Be responsible for delivery of sales and profit targets for the Amazon account.
• Integrate RGM into ways of working, liaising with the RGM team to constantly refine Amazon terms of business for maximum joint growth. Working with EU partners to ensure cost price structures are suitable for WEU.
• Work closely with the UKI marketing teams to deliver excellence in content execution.
• Sell L’Oréal brands and products with excellence, working with the marketing and business development teams to deliver excellent selling propositions.
• Oversee development of performance reporting to deliver insights on sales, search and traffic performance.
• Develop strategies and recommendations for paid media activities across search and targeted media campaigns
• Develop differentiated strategies for exclusive products, ranges, first to markets, events and activities
• WEU Plan Collaboration: Working with European team to align to international eventing, bespoke ranging/ selection.
• Lead an ongoing range management process through range optimisation for Core, Pantry, Fresh, Prime, Prime Now.
• Work with the insights and marketing teams to Identify white space opportunities for new formats, gestures, brands) for CPD and create action with multifunctional teams to bring to life.
• Be involved with tech development for Amazon platform including development of augmented reality tech and voice bots.
Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
• Highly numerate – strong analytically and good commercial acumen with previous experience of delivering results in a commercial environment and a desire to deliver against targets.
• Strong negotiation skills with proven track record of leading complex negotiations.
• Strong presentation/communication skills with the ability to influence and inspire
• Highly organised with prioritisation skills and ability to work across multiple complex topics at pace with clarity
• The ability to strategize complex tasks and plans and communicate that vision with clarity to senior stakeholders.
• Be forward thinking, trailblazing what the future will look like for L’Oréal with Amazon and shaping the business accordingly.
• Outstanding leadership skills and the ability to lead very senior audiences across key topics as well as your own team of experts
• Experience of range management and optimisaiton and the ability to conduct analysis that will inform future changes and recommendations.
• Previous experience of ecommerce, preferably a Pure Player business unit. Amazon experience is a plus.
• Strong understanding of online retail execution, including experience of delivering excellent content execution either directly or through others.
• A firm understanding of the role of supply chain in unlocking growth it this sector and what it takes to win.
• Exposure to and ability to navigate and strategize paid media, working with media buying teams and agencies.
• Understanding of tactics and strategies for organic and paid search.
• Ability to work in an ever changing & demanding environment is crucial.
• Multifunctional capability. Must be able to lead a team of experiences professionals across commercial, online marketing, finance and customer supply chain.