When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Our Corporate Division supports the 4000+ strong workforce in L’Oréal UK & Ireland. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic environment when you’ll have visibility over our 4 Divisions and play an integral role in moving our business forward.
We embrace our entrepreneurial spirit in everything we do, always challenging ourselves to new ways of doing things. That means looking for innovative solutions, sustainable developments, and having the freedom to go beyond the ordinary.
Our founder Eugène Schueller once said that “a company is not walls and machines, it’s people, people, people”. Joining our corporate teams means joining the world leader in beauty, at the cutting edge of innovation. But above all, it means becoming part of a team of talented and inspiring people.
- This broad and varied position will act as a “go to” project delivery / technical expert and is a key IT point of contact for the Country and Divisional Digital organizations within L'Oréal UK & Ireland.
- In collaboration with the Chief Digital Marketing Officer (CDMO), the Digital teams and L'Oréal EMEA IT, this position will help implement the strategy, planning and deployment of all key IT Digital initiatives for our UKI markets.
- This includes, but is not limited to eCommerce (D2C, B2B, B2E, eRetail), Services, Social Commerce, Omni-channel, Consumer CRM, Loyalty, Digital Asset Management (DAM), Product Information Management (PIM), Social Listening, eMarketing, GDPR/Data Privacy, Cyber-security and other digital Innovations focusing on delivering high-quality, consumer centric solutions in full partnership with the business.
- Serve as a primary IT contact with digital and e-Business teams on IT projects
- Collaborate with the EMEA IT Digital and Group Chief Digital Marketing Office (CDMO) teams on the effective implementation / rollout of the L'Oréal Group / ZONE digital strategy and solutions.
- Provide technical insight to the digital teams in the areas of project evaluation, planning, security, and delivery
- Collaborate in implementing from an IT perspective, digital solutions and services, supporting the Division / Brand Digital roadmap
- Exhibit a broad understanding of the IT backbone of digital marketing and e-Business systems, leading industry trends and agile project delivery to enable the deployment of effective, efficient, competitive digital systems solutions across the different consumer touch points
- Acquire solid understanding of the “big picture” Digital and e-commerce programs, working closely with each level of the organization
- Maintain close awareness of internal customer’s priorities and activities and how they relate to overall business and IT objectives.
- Develop and manage strong relationship with digital and e-Business teams, other IT teams and external vendors
- Ensure that proposed solutions are aligned with the L'Oréal IT standards. Governance and strategy
- Facilitate best practice sharing across Divisions to deliver best value for money and best solutions
- Influence the Group/ZONE Digital IT solutions to deliver the best Digital IT answers for the UK
- Adapt & adopt the L'OREAL simplicity culture – “Connect, innovate, Accelerate”
- Solid experience working within digital technology teams
- Strong change management, knowledge of end to end project lifecycle and agile mindset
- Proven project delivery experience, planning, managing, and rolling out Digital solutions
- Knowledge and experience of digital marketing and E-Commerce IT technologies
- Ability to work closely with Security, Data Protection and Legal teams to ensure our digital solutions adhere to industry best practices
- Experience in some / all of the following would be an advantage:
- Familiarity with 3rd party integrations and API management
- Experience in digital vendor assessment and SOWs
- e-commerce delivery (B2C, B2B, B2E, PSPs) and Omni-channel strategies
- Social Commerce
- Experience in consumer CRM, Loyalty programs and knowledge of data acquisition best practices
- Product Information Management (PIM) and Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- Web hosting, Cyber-security and solution monitoring best practices
- GDPR / Data Protection and accessibility standards
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.