Medical Relations and Communications Executive - LDB
The L’Oréal Active Cosmetics Division has a mission to help everyone in their quest for healthy and beautiful skin. We believe "Health is the future of beauty".
We are a world leader in dermo cosmetics, with skincare brands recommended by healthcare professionals such as dermatologists, pediatricians, cosmetic doctors, and pharmacists worldwide. Our brands portfolio is composed of five brands originating from France and the USA. The brands offer a range of skincare and haircare products to respond to all expectations linked to the beauty and the health of the skin: from dermatological and esthetics skincare to natural solutions and from the most accessible ranges to the most premium ones.
In the UKI the Active Cosmetics Division has enjoyed double-digit growth for 10 years and is scaling rapidly. We are looking for team members to help shape the future of the division, contributing to this fast-pace, dynamic and exciting journey.
Seeking an exceptional, creative and willing to learn team member to support the medical relation/ communications team in the execution of the medical strategy and acceleration of the healthcare professionals reach. The objective is to encourage recommendations by healthcare professionals (HCP) and develop the scientific reputation of our brands and division across the UKI.
You will be reporting directly to the head of medical relations/communications.
La Roche-Posay, CeraVe, Vichy and Skinceuticals are well respected brands in the Dermatology community across the UK and Ireland with clinically proven efficacy in supporting patients suffering from conditions such as eczema, acne, photo dermatoses and sensitive allergic skin, including side-effects from oncology treatment.
This role is unique in offering exposure to the international medical brand strategy and medical key opinion leaders (KOLs) in Dermatology. You will work extensively with cross functional teams and support the medical team in their events, webinars, invitations and other communications to healthcare professionals throughout the year.
• Own the Medical event calendar to be delivered in the year by the Medical Field team, Medical Communications and Medical Relations activities
• Be responsible to support the team for the execution of the UKI Medical strategy in terms of HCP reach and opt ins to medical communications in line with the brand and the international vision.
• Be responsible for the development of email communication; from sending invites to the HCP database, reminder emails to webinars, events and be responsibility for the registrations, attendees list and follow up/feedback emails.
• Support the medical Communication team with congresses: Be responsible for the team rota, team collaboration through breaks and liaise with the congress organizers on the required logistics in advance.
• Support the growth on owned medical websites: support the Omnichannel Manager through management of the HCP data in terms of number of registrations from Loreal dermatological Beauty website and communicate these back to the Omnichannel manager.
• Support the medical Leadership team (LT) in the execution and bookings of Team cycle meetings, team building activities, LT meetings and advisory boards.
• Support the Medical Leadership team in the bookings of flights, hotels, dinners and activities for healthcare professionals locally and abroad.
• Manage medical query email accounts: respond to RSVPS and emails daily, and approval of HCPs on professional platform.
• Liaise with medical team on templates for event certificates; event platform assets; Webinar video editing and approval with agency and upload of final webinar recording to owned website.
• Provide administration support of medical team e.g. business cards, ad hoc requests, Banners print and storage units bookings.
• Support the medical training manager on the new joiners on-boarding process: from IT Equipment, email set up, Teams App addition of use and booking of first two weeks calendar.
Ambitious: You have the skills to take on new projects and drive KPIs
Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, adhering to our brand equity.
Growth-Mindset: L'Oréal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity always willing to learn and improve.
Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating materials.
Teams are the new heroes: work within a team and manage others in projects working with team player mindset.
Open: You admit to your mistakes and accept learnings.
You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
Experience preferably within a fast-paced environment
Educated with a degree level in business management with also interest in science/marketing preferably in skin science.
Vision – able to understand and support a strategy, taking the lead on motivating the wider business
Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and strong presentation skills
Excellent Microsoft Skills mainly Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, you have the ability to learn other Applications such as PowerBI and Google Analytics.
Multi-tasking managing several projects keeping n line with deadlines
Resilience and flexibility – the ability to adapt to dynamic business and market demands, overcoming challenges and driving success in an innovate way
Creativity – able to create innovative, cost-effective solutions, to drive the best ROI whilst maintaining brand equity
A strong sensitivity to the dermatological skincare market, with a keenness to develop understanding for the different category dynamics, upcoming trends in this field and the latest competitor activity
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role; develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.