Senior Product Manager - Consumer Products Division
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. Our ambition by 2020 is to win over another one billion consumers around the world by creating the cosmetic products that meet the infinite diversity of their beauty needs and desires through continued digital innovation. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
The Consumer Products Division’s mission is universal: to offer the best in cosmetics innovation to the greatest number of people on every continent. Its brands are available in all mass-market channels (hypermarkets, supermarkets, pharmacy’s and retail stores). The division is the spearhead of the group’s quest to win over a further billion consumers. The Consumer Products Division includes popular brand such as L’Oréal Paris, NYX, Mixa, Garnier, Maybelline & Essie.
• Be responsible for working closely with the 3.0 team to own key launches, overseeing all elements from launch sizing, big idea creation to delivery of assets and everything in between - strong collaborative leadership skills are crucial.
• Work closely with international Zone, DMI and country teams to feed insights, trends, performance data & convey key UK requirements.
• Be the expert in your métier, pointing out trends, working closely with CMI to understand key consumer needs & building plans that answer this.
• Be expected to develop and drive your brand strategy, assisting the BBL in determining media strategy and working with our agencies to plan media spends.
• Be linked with the commercial team, finance and supply chain & be expected to lead conversations & processes to drive brand performance
• Regularly have contact with consumers themselves and should be adept at working with all levels from senior management, retailers & agency partners
• Embrace a new marketing model with digital transformation at the heart
• Accurately track brand performance and financial objectives. You will have considerable input in establishing associated brand budgets and financial goals
Organised: You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills - with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
Measured: We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
Accurate: You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
Entrepreneurial. Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
Super creative: Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
Proactive and Open: L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
Teams are the new heroes: There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
Only Human: we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
Ambitious: You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
You. You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.
•Been educated to degree level
•Highly numerate skills and are strong analytically
•Strong Communication skills both written and verbally
•Excellent presentation skills
•Strong negotiation skills
•Experience in a fast paced sales environment
•High organizational with prioritization skills
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference -different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.