Senior Product Manager PPD
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Thanks to our global brands like L'Oréal Professional, Kerestase, Redken , Pureology, Matrix & Biolage across the world, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
• Build the strategy for colour category in collaboration with the marketing manager and oversee its implementation, with the ambition to quickly gain market share, and build long-term sustainable and profitable growth
• Create and execute 12-month activation plans aligned to key brand objectives, targets and category opportunities
• Build disruptive brand programs, designed to strengthen awareness, differentiation and engagement to expand the tribe of new colourists in the UK & Ireland
DRIVE OMNICHANNEL EXCELLENCE
• Own the brand experience in an omni-channel ecosystem for the colour category (salons, trade & B2B ecommerce)
• Build customer-centric offers, tools and mechanics that drive trial, penetration and usage
• Analyse performance, draw insights and adapt plans and work collaboratively with channel experts to execute excellence in go-to-market across all channels
TREND-LED SERVICE INNOVATION
• Create innovative customer-centric services brought to life through 360 IMC campaigns
• Design and deploy consumer-targeted campaigns powered by advocacy, media and tech that drive service adoption
• Leverage, scout and scale brand advocates in partnership with social engagement manager to strengthen and establish the brand colour portfolio in the industry
• Lead the adoption and usage of beauty tech tools designed for pros through innovative campaigns and activations
INSIGHT MINING & PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
• Identify, report and proactively update stakeholders on channel shifts to drive innovation pipeline (competitor, consumer & retailer shifts, industry trends)
• Own channel financial targets, conduct in-depth analysis on drivers and drainers, adapt plans to ensure sustainable category growth
• Own category budget; monitor and optimize plans based on performance and opportunities
• Responsible for channel forecasts, aligned to brand pillar growth targets and NPD innovation
• Lead the design and execution of promotional plans in relevant channels in close collaboration with commercial teams
CHAMPION OF COLLABORATION
• Collaborate with PR, social & engagement, education, omni-channel commercial teams to deliver successful campaigns and maximize opportunities of the colour portfolio
• Lead & activate IMC through a strong collaboration
• Influence Zone & international teams (DMI) to ensure product innovation pipeline meet UK&I market opportunities
• Coach junior team members as required – In charge of an Intern.
• Strong understanding of consumer trends, shopper psychology & retail journey
• Digital and social-savviness
• Experience and success in ecommerce
• Strong analytical and data-first approach
• Creative thinking and problem solving mindset
• Strong multi-tasker and ‘do-er’ mindset
• Nimble and adaptable to change
• Strong communication skills, with an articulate manner
• Proven commercial sensitivity
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and thrive under pressure
• Great relationship building skills and the ability to network at all levels
• Energy and enthusiasm with a team spirit
• Highly organized and disciplined
• Able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
• Passion for beauty, marketing trends and innovation
• Initiative and foresight
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to manage and coach
• Bonus: a passion for pro beauty
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.