Senior Scientific Advisor (Maternity Fixed Term)
The world leader in beauty, L’Oréal is present in 130 countries on five continents. Our 32 international brands have allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: beauty, with a mission to provide the best in cosmetics innovation to all women and men around the world. We want to bring beauty to all people. L’Oréal encourages diversity and sustainable, ethical sourcing for all our products and we have reduced our emissions by approx. 50% since 2005. Our brands are leaders in beauty, and we are looking for you to lead the change you want to see in L’Oréal.
Senior Scientific Advisor (Maternity Cover)
You will lead and develop a team of Scientific Advisors to enable our vast portfolio of brands to make the most compelling product claims on communication materials including packaging and advertising - so expect to see those same claims on shelves and TV adverts! You have a degree in one of the life sciences and experience in a related FMCG role, as well as a passion for coaching and leading those around you. You value building meaningful relationships internally, externally and with our global team and know that collaboration is key.
- YOU WILL..
- Lead and develop a team of Scientific Advisors.
- Enable brands to make the most compelling product claims on communication materials including packaging and advertising.
- Ensure communication is consistent with Group’s Claims strategy and European and national regulatory and advertising requirements and drive excellence in this area.
- Obtain clearance of TV and Radio advertising through submission of technical dossiers to the relevant authorities, including Clearcast and Radiocentre
- Defend the group against UK Advertising complaints
- Represent the group in exchanges with authorities and professional associations, including the CTPA, ASA and MHRA, to safeguard the Group's position.
- Regularly collaborate with UK legal team, international claims groups and international regulatory groups
- Represent brands from a technical standpoint at press launches or trade presentations where required
- Work with Consumer Markets and Insights team to develop local consumer test plans
- Build strong and collaborative relationships, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage cross-disciplinary projects initiated within the product claims network.
- YOU HAVE...
- Minimum honours degree in one of the life sciences.
- Demonstrable years’ experience in a related FMCG role
- Excellent product knowledge and techniques used for claims substantiation.
- Leadership and management skills including coaching and training.
- An excellent command of the English language and its subtleties. With the ability to articulate and express ideas and concepts fluently and persuasively both orally and in writing, particularly in simplifying complex scientific issues.
- A high degree of analytical skills and think through creative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building good effective relationships with internal and external contacts. Must be a team player.
- Pays attention to detail as well as looking at the wider picture.
- You love a list and have strong planning and organisation skills – with the ability to re-prioritise as required.
- We want to track the success of our campaigns and initiatives so projects must be able to show ROI.
- You have the ability to work to a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Every day, you spot opportunities to drive growth for our brand and our customers, making sure the good name of our brand is always protected.
- Whether it be in overcoming challenges or creating artwork for your channel, creativity is our back bone, and we love new ideas.
- L’Oreal is for the pioneers, which means embracing new ideas, challenges and change with positivity and a hands on approach.
- There is no better feeling than being part of a successful and dynamic team, so even if you are Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognise that teams are the real heroes.
- we all make mistakes, but you are not afraid of failure. You learn and show how the experience has helped the business learn for the future and benefitted all.
- You crave success and L’Oréal is the ultimate place to achieve your dreams. We will support you all the way and make sure you have the support and development in place to help you succeed.
- You are real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity so you will feel right at home whoever you are.