Senior Social & Advocacy Manager – PPD (MAT Cover)
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
In the Professional Products Division, our mission is to support hairdressers and develop the hair industry sustainably, while benefiting all. We’re the founding Division for the L’Oréal group, having history more than 110 years ago.
Here, you’ll be constantly looking to create connections between our brands, professionals and consumers in every market. Our mission is to always reinvent professional beauty and lead the digital transformation of our industry with a customer-centric approach.
Thanks to our global brands like L'Oréal Professional, Kerestase, Redken , Pureology, Matrix & Biolage across the world, we provide professionals and consumers with better, safer and more sustainable professional haircare, experiences and services.
• be responsible for social media and content strategies across the Professional Products Division as well as helping to drive the Pro Advocacy share of voice across all social channels for all brands.
• analyse earned, owned and paid advocacy performance, social content strategy, community management strategy and leading an internal working group on Advocacy performance.
• lead social and content for all divisional focuses across transversal topics such as Sustainability, Diversity and Innovation.
• develop and support execution of the overall PPD Advocacy and Social strategy focussing on KPI’s centred around Share Of Voice, Community Management e.g. Views, No of Advocates, Response Rate times amongst others.
• support the Hairdressing Industry by championing the Pro via Advocacy
• lead the Central Comms team’s advocacy reporting and analytics as well as social listening trends and insights
• ensure most effective brand and campaign performance reporting and review market data to ensure an on-the-pulse and reactive social media strategy
• continue to stay on top of all new digital trends and platforms/features by using in-house tools for social listening
• manage the community management system for the Division, inclusive of reporting and organising/managing the team training.
• create effective and on-brand copywriting for social audiences using strong communication skills
• approve brand content/editorial calendar for local channels and work with the wider teams to adapt content to support initiatives and campaigns
• drive best practice social creatives across the Division, including agency management
• be the go-to contact for social media and community management for the Division
• organise and manage regular platform training on social media to other brand functions
• be the contact for third party suppliers e.g. Facebook, Instagram
• be the contact for social media crisis management
• work closely with all other functions: Communications, Data Insights, CDMO, Digital and liaising with the central Global team to ensure optimal local support and maximise exposure plus share of voice on the brand’s global Instagram page to increase the UKI audience
• Solid experience within social media and content roles particularly with a focus on Community and/or Advocacy
• Strong ability to analyse social data metrics and identify opportunities
• Experience with campaign reporting e.g. using specialised data tools to measure success, paid media analysis, post-event digital performance reporting
• Knowledge of using a Social Monitoring platform such as Hootsuite, Sprinklr etc.
• Knowledge of using Social Listening Tools such as Social Bakers, Netbase etc.
• Strong copywriting experience for social media/communications
• Creative thinker with an agile and innovative mindset
• Content marketing experience and strong knowledge of platform usage e.g. Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest is an advantage
• Experience in social content creation and production
• Experience within the Beauty Industry is desirable
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.