Under the direction of National Trade Marketing Manager, Merchandizing Manager to define and create the Brand’s Point of sales strategy in order to implement the brand image and identity in stores, to reinforce brand visibility and performance, in line with global guidelines. He/She will manage a team of marketing and merchandising professionals to ensure that all deadlines, inventory requirements and customer orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Develop, plan and implement merchandising and Brand’s Point of sales strategies and programs to enhance brand visibility in stores as per the global guidelines.
- Lead end-to-end retail design process from vendor management to ensuring design, fabrication and in-store deployment in line with brand guidelines and strategy.
- Masters Retail operation to maximize sales.
- Negotiates in collaboration with KAM with retailer to maximize business opportunities.
- Defining channel development strategies, negotiating with partners and training and developing their sales team.
- Partners with commercial and marketing team to develop marketing techniques and strategies to reach customers in an assigned channel.
- Optimize the consumers’ in-store experience to reinvent the retail space to attract consumers by incorporating the brand merchandising strategy with the retailer merchandising strategy.
- Implement the merchandising solutions for POS materials, answering local marketing plan needs.
- Creating eye-catching store layouts along with agencies that showcase the brand and aesthetic of the company.
- Creating Planograms, performing floor moves and delegating tasks to sales employees to ensure sales target are achieved.
- Coordinate the conception, production, delivery and installation of any kind of local specific materials for merchandizing programs.
- Ensure vendor network is maintained so that L’Oréal can drive efficacy and efficiency at most optimized cost from retail design vendors and merchandising agencies.
- Responsible for excellent execution of all shopper marketing tactics in store, including POS (permanent and temporary), displays, merchandising programs, loyalty programs, coupons, sweepstakes, sponsorships and more.
- Act as POC in PO process for merchandising related activities.
Functional Policies Compliance and Guidelines:
- Ensure process timelines are adhered as per the SOP and SLA.
- Track vendor contracts and ensure compliance as per the guidelines.
- Responsible for signing of the new agreements and keep a track of renewals.
- Ensure compliance with technical and legal aspects regarding production norms or merchandizing material.
Budget Management & Forecasting:
- Ensure follow-up of the budget.
- Participate in annual & quarterly forecasting and budgeting with business planners and demand planning team, attend forecasting, pre validation and Forecast validation meetings on monthly basis.
- Ensure account / channel wise profitability of assigned brand/category via monthly update of marketing Spend.
- Ensure tracking of budgets to stay within allocated trade marketing spend.
- Leverage consumer insights to develop new and innovative in-store ideas to drive sales.
Business Report(s) Development & Professional Recommendations:
- Maintain list of reports that monitor in-store visibility on parameters such as Share of Shelf, On shelf availability and Stock availability (out of stock availability)
- Constantly analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor products/category performance and make recommendations to NTMM based on it to adjust the offers accordingly.
- Advices commercial team on merchandizing strategy and maintain strategic retailer relationship.
- Scout for partners/ vendors who can help reduce the dependency on one vendor and at the same time help improving the costs and mitigating risk.
- Drive Simplicity in related business processes including budget management, internal controls and channel development plans for the field.
Cross Functional Teamwork:
- Collaborating with the marketing department to brainstorm new projects, campaigns, and business ideas.
- Act as POC between merchandising agency and L’Oreal and manage the merchandising program from vendor management to team management.
- Working with marketing and sales functions on optimizing innovation launches across all retailers, recommending position on shelf, promotional mechanics etc.
- Recruit, motivate, develop and manage Field Merchandising team to ensure continuous development & training on customer selling story for each category, across all channels.
- Ensure development of expertise and know-how in the Sales/ Merchandizing Field team to cascade product & category knowledge.
- Setting individual business objectives (IOBs), ensuring its clarity and conduct periodic performance reviews, providing feedback and appraisal in order to maximize subordinates and departmental performance.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: Marketing, Commercial, Finance, Operations, Other departmental lines’ Managers
External:, Distributors, Retailers, Field/Mechanizing Team, Merchandizing & Marketing Agencies
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with major in Sales and / or Marketing.
- 3-5 years prior work experience Retail Design, Channel Management, Marketing
- Leading & executing Merchandizing programs preferably in FMCG sector.
- Experience of working with leading agency and outside vendors
- Knowledge of products, market trends and consumers
- Research data analysis
- Good negotiation skills
- Relationship Management
- Customer Centricity
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to think broadly in terms of Business Perspective and out-of-the box.
- Good numeracy and ability to control budget
- Planning and organization skills
- Team building skills
- Critical thinking and good analytical skills
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Understanding of basic R&D techniques
- Basic understanding of cross functions and business operations
- Good excel and PowerPoint skills
- Understanding of P&L
- Ability to identify market driver and translates trends and consumer knowledge into meaningful insights.
- Delivers excellence with agility and rigor
- Integrates sustainable, business consciousness
- Creates collaboration for bigger success
- People Developer