Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Manager – Business Analytics + Promotional Vehicles (Lancome)
Brand: Multiple Brands
Supervisor Title: AVP – Business Analysis
Section 2: Job Summary
The Business Analysis manager is responsible for the weekly and monthly reporting on Gift with Purchase (GWP)/Purchase with Purchase (PWP) Retail Sales. This individual’s main responsibility is to provide standardized and custom analysis of the GWP/PWP Performance & Plan to the National Account Teams, Head of Sales & Marketing. This individual also works alongside the Promo Development & Purchasing Teams to ensure the production of each gift and its supporting collateral elements are on track to meet the Product Availability Dates (PAD) and call out & identify risks which would affect this timing.
Section 3: Job Requirements
- Oversee all GWP/PWP Analysis : build Promo Performance Plans to include GWP/PWP & Set Performance, GWP Yearly Working Sales Plans monitored and split by Channel (comparison to prior year), Individual GWP Account Working Sales Plans with Step-Up & Super Step- Up Performance Data (comparison to prior year), PWP Sell Thru Performance (comparison to prior year.)
- Manage Promotional Calendar & Gift Image Library by Account & Brand
- Compilation of Weekly GWP Impact Performance File (“Who’s in Gift”) with Sales Commentary & Competitive Data Compilation of Monthly Promo Performance Files
- Oversee and manage the Gift & supporting collateral Excess & Obsolete items (ensuring the National Account Teams are correctly planning and repurposing any access gifts within current year.) Work w/ Planners to ensure all collateral items are ordered within timely manner any excess items marked for destruction.
- Work alongside Marketing/Finance Teams to properly identify Account Team’s Contribution of Step Up & Super Step-Up Costs and ensure Invoices are requested within specific timeframe from the Credit Team.
- Enter allocations within the PAS/ROE Systems for all Gift Collateral & Pre-Sell Collateral two months prior to the PAD for each Gift & PWP Program
- Enter allocations within the PAS/ROE System & Pull Roadmap Data for actual Gifts – ensuring the proper pack-outs and information is compiled and communicated to the Account Teams
- Assist and members of the Business Analytics Teams with weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting,
Section 3: Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-6 years in Analysis or like job field
- Excellent Communication and Organizational Skills
- An understanding of sales & marketing
- Experience in consumer Products Industry, Beauty Preferred
- Strong Analytical, Project Management and Collaboration skills
- Strong Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint & Word. Other data base proficiency such as Power BI a positive
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and sense of urgency; ability to deal effectively with the pressure of multiple tasks, deadlines and rapidly changing priorities
- Analytical ability to influence decision making with fact and reasoning skills
- Retail knowledge preferable, but not required
- Strong Collaboration and Decision-making skills necessary
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making (Describe the nature and impact of decisions required for this position as well as the type of supervision required for this position from the following; Close, Moderate, Intermittent, None):
There is intermittent Supervision within this role. The person must independently take ownership of all projects and tasks and feel confident in making decisions and executing plans related to each GWP/PWP Program. The individual should feel comfortable elevating and influencing Senior Management regarding best approach to potential issues
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
Reporting on Weekly GWP Retail Sales
Managing Month End Retail Closing Process for Promo Performance
Working alongside Marketing/Promo Development/Purchasing to ensure all elements tracking to Product Availability Dates (PAD)
Managing GWP/PWP Allocations within the PAS/ROE & DPM Systems
Handle Ad Hoc Requests
Section 8: Required Competencies
1. Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
2. Interacts Effectively
Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
3. Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
4. Achieves Results with Integrity
Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
6. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
7. Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.