SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L’Oréal USA, is the premiere distributor of salon professional products in the United States. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
ACD Picking & Shipping Team Leader
The Team Leader is responsible for allocating resources, directing/redirecting workflow and overseeing the department’s day to day activities. They assist the supervisor(s) in ensuring goals are met and exceeded in the areas of safety, quality and productivity. The Team Leader is a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude.
- Train, develop and coach Team Members. Set the example for others to follow. Efficiently lead, delegate, and keep Team Members motivated and on task.
- Assign/Re-Assign Team Members’ daily assignments. Use problem solving techniques that result in improvements in performance, process and productivity. Stock and replenish materials/tools for department to use to avoid disruption of department process.
- Follow and ensure all company policies are followed and exercised. Must be able to follow and enforce safety policies and rules with Team Members. Identify and report safety hazards. Ensure housekeeping and 5S standards are being upheld.
- Wave, prepare and execute waves for proper and timely preparation of orders.
- Coordinate releases of special orders with customer service for field push orders.
- Release mailing orders to the picking team.
- Ability to debug, modify and react to system issues.
- Ability to analyze picking methods and create recommendations for re-slotting and manage team between loose, case and pallet picks.
- Ability to run and direct the team in case of supervisor’s absence.
- Ensure work is available in every section and management of wave/release waves as necessary including checking holds and close out waves in a timely manner.
- Coordination with several trucking companies for pick-ups, loading and closing shipments on a timely manner.
- Ability to learn and teach new system transactions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years of warehousing experience required.
- Strong computer, analytical, and communication skills.
- Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Must be flexible, organized, detail oriented, and a change agent with the ability to multi-task.
- Must maintain current certification in DOT Transportation and RCRA Hazardous Materials courses.
- Requires the ability to act independently without direct supervision as well as to support a team to accomplish critical and timely objectives.
- Excellent work ethic a must.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.